Yamaha FZ6 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £3,000–£1,800
What Is It?
The Yamaha FZ6 is a mid-range naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 96.6 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm. The engine is a stressed member of the frame.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 43 mm fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear shock with 130 mm travel and pre-load adjustment
- 4->2->1->2 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Centre stand, rubber topped pegs
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the FZS600 the seat is 5 mm higher, power is up slightly, weight down slightly, the wheels are 18% lighter and the frame is now Aluminium rather than Steel.
The engine is now based on that found in the 2003 YZF-R6 but de-tuned for more mid-range power and the FZ6 Fazer is a 7 kg heavier semi-faired version. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2004: Black, blue, silver, grey, red
- 2005: Black, silver, blue, red
- 2006: Silver, black, blue, red, orange
- 2007: Blue, red, black, white, silver, grey
- 2008: Blue, silver, black, grey, white, orange, yellow
2006: Optional ABS adds 5 kg.
2007: New version called the S2, obvious by the now black frame, wheels and engine. Updated fuel injection, four piston monobloc calipers, revised swingarm, new screen and new fairing on the Fazer version.
Did You Know?
The FZ6 sold up to 30,000 per year in Europe.
Review In A Few
- Great value, brakes
- Ignition access, console
Capacity: 599 cc (average)
Power: 97 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 135 mph / 217 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 795 mm / 31.3 inches (low)
Dry Weight: 180 kg / 397 pounds
Launch RRP: £4,000
Check out this video review from Only Tools & Horses.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2004||705||342||1,047||71 / month|
|2005||689||296||985||110 / month|
|2006||480||210||690||32 / month|
|2007||828||273||1,101||100 / month|
|2008||789||265||1,054||65 / month|
|2009||408||139||547||51 / month|