Yamaha FZ6 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha FZ6 is a mid-range naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 96.6 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm. The engine is a stressed member of the frame.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 43 mm fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear shock with 130 mm travel and pre-load adjustment
- 4->2->1->2 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Centre stand, rubber topped pegs
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the FZS600 the seat is 5 mm higher, power is up slightly, weight down slightly, the wheels are 18% lighter and the frame is now Aluminium rather than Steel.
The engine is now based on that found in the 2003 YZF-R6 but de-tuned for more mid-range power and the FZ6 Fazer is a 7 kg heavier semi-faired version. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2004: Black, blue, silver, grey, red
- 2005: Black, silver, blue, red
- 2006: Silver, black, blue, red, orange
- 2007: Blue, red, black, white, silver, grey
- 2008: Blue, silver, black, grey, white, orange, yellow
The FZ6 sold up to 30,000 per year in Europe.
Launch RRP: £4,000
Capacity: 599 cc (average)
Power: 97 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 135 mph / 217 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 795 mm / 31.3 inches (low)
Dry Weight: 180 kg / 397 pounds
Road Tax (VED): £69 / Year (High)
Review In A Few
- Great value
- Ignition access
2006: Optional ABS adds 5 kg.
2007: New version called the S2, obvious by the now black frame, wheels and engine. Updated fuel injection, four piston monobloc calipers, revised swingarm, new screen and new fairing on the Fazer version.
Check out this video review from Only Tools & Horses.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left