Yamaha FZ6 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £2,800–£1,800
Launch RRP: £4,000
Power: 97 bhp
Engine: 599 cc, 14,000 rpm red line, 135 mph top speed
Economy: 45 mpg
Range: 190 miles from the 19.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 795 mm
Weight 180 kg (dry)
What Is It?
The Yamaha FZ6 is a mid-range naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599cc inline four engine, producing 96.6bhp at 12,000rpm and maximum torque at 10,000rpm. The engine is a stressed member of the frame.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 43mm fork with 130mm travel
- Rear shock with 130mm travel and pre-load adjustment
- 4->2->1->2 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Centre stand, rubber topped pegs
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the FZS600 the seat is 5mm higher, power is up slightly, weight down slightly, the wheels are 18% lighter and the frame is now Aluminium rather than Steel.
The engine is now based on that found in the 2003 YZF-R6 but de-tuned for more mid-range power and the FZ6 Fazer is a 7kg heavier semi-faired version. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 2004: Black, blue, silver, grey, red
- 2005: Black, silver, blue, red
- 2006: Silver, black, blue, red, orange
- 2007: Blue, red, black, white, silver, grey
- 2008: Blue, silver, black, grey, white, orange, yellow
2006: Optional ABS adds 5kg.
2007: New version called the S2, obvious by the now black frame, wheels and engine. Updated fuel injection, monobloc calipers, revised swingarm, new screen and new fairing on the Fazer version.
Did You Know?
The FZ6 sold up to 30,000 per year in Europe.
Check out this video review from Only Tools & Horses.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (15)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2004||705||342||1,047||110 / month|
|2005||689||296||985||190 / month|
|2006||480||210||690||14 / month|
|2007||828||273||1,101||140 / month|
|2008||789||265||1,054||55 / month|
|2009||408||139||547||90 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk