Yamaha XJ600 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (770 mm / 30.3 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (210 kg / 463 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (170 miles / 274 km)
- Top Speed: High (120 mph / 193 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (598 cc)
- Power: Average (61 bhp / 45 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.290 bhp/kg / 0.217 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £3,550
For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from Skeggy Cruiser.
What Is It?
The Yamaha XJ600 is a mid-range semi-faired bike and is powered by an air-cooled forward inclined 598 cc inline four engine, producing 61 bhp at 8,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with single piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 38 mm fork with 140 mm travel
- Shock with pre-load adjustment and 110 mm travel
- Four Mikuni 28 mm BDS28 carbs
- 4->2 exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox, electric starter
It's available as the naked XJ600N and the more common semi-faired XJ600S, but the fairing adds 3 kg to the weight. The 3-spoke 17" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 18" a 130/70.
Colours: Red, green, blue, yellowDid You Know?
It's known as the Seca II in the USA.
Model History & Updates
1998: Front calipers are now two piston and the gearbox is now a 6 speed design.
Popularity & How Many Left