Yamaha XJ600 For Sale
The 1992 Yamaha XJ600 is a mid-range semi-faired bike and is powered by a 598cc inline four engine which puts out 61bhp. It's available with 90bhp in the closely related XJ900 and was replaced by the FZ6 in 2004.
- Great cheap starter bike, upright riding position, smooth power delivery, cheap to fix and run
- Utility over excitement, basic suspension, check for rust
What Is It?
It's powered by an air-cooled forward inclined 598cc inline 4 four stroke engine, producing 61bhp at 8,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm.
- Tubular Steel frame
- Dual 320mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers (single pre-1998)
- 245mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 38mm fork with 140mm travel
- Shock with pre-load adjustment and 110mm travel
- Four Mikuni 28mm BDS28 carbs
- 4->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox (5 on early models)
- Electric starter
It was available as the naked XJ600N and the more common semi-faired XJ600S, but the fairing added 3kg to the weight. The 3-spoke cast Aluminium 17" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 18" a 130/70.
Colours: Red, green, blue, yellow
Did You Know?
It's known as the Seca II in the USA
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Check out this review from Skeggy Cruiser:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|