Yamaha XJ600 For Sale
The 1992 Yamaha XJ600 is a mid-range semi-faired bike and is powered by a 598cc inline four engine which puts out 61bhp. It's available with 90bhp in the closely related XJ900 and was replaced by the FZ6 in 2004.
- Great cheap starter bike, upright riding position, smooth power delivery, cheap to fix and run
- Utility over excitement, basic suspension, check for rust
What Is It?
It's powered by an air-cooled forward inclined 598cc inline 4 four stroke engine, producing 61bhp at 8,500rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm.
- Tubular Steel frame
- Dual 320mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers (single pre-1998)
- 245mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 38mm fork with 140mm travel
- Shock with pre-load adjustment and 110mm travel
- Four Mikuni 28mm BDS28 carbs
- 4->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox (5 on early models)
- Electric starter
It was available as the naked XJ600N and the more common semi-faired XJ600S, but the fairing added 3kg to the weight. The 3-spoke cast Aluminium 17" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 18" a 130/70.
Colours: Red, green, blue, yellow
Did You Know?
It's known as the Seca II in the USA
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (12)
- 1 of 4
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!