Kawasaki ER-5 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (780 mm / 30.7 inches)
- Weight: Average (193 kg / 426 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (16.0 litres / 4.2 US gallons)
- Economy: Good (60 mpg / 4.7 l/100km / 21.2 km/l)
- Range: High (210 miles / 338 km)
- Top Speed: High (110 mph / 177 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (498 cc)
- Power: Average (50 bhp / 37 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.259 bhp/kg / 0.193 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (10,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £2,000
For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from Men and Motors
What Is It?
The Kawasaki ER-5 is a standard naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 498 cc parallel twin engine which puts out 50.3 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 7,200 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 280 mm disc up front with two piston caliper
- 160 mm drum brake at the rear
- 37 mm fork with 105 mm travel
- Adjustable dual rears shocks with 114 mm travel
- Keihin CVK34 carbs
- Centre stand
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 110/70 tyre at the front and a 130/70 at the rear.
Accessories include the screen, heated grips and engine bars.
Colours: Black, silver, red, blue, yellowDid You Know?
The early model was known as the Twister, it uses a re-tuned engine from the GPZ550 sports bike and it's popular with training schools.
Model History & Updates
2001: 49 bhp at 8,700 rpm, +1 litre fuel capacity, 114 mm rear travel, 800 mm seat height and 199 kg wet weight.
Popularity & How Many Left