Honda CB600F Hornet For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £3,950–£2,300
Launch RRP: £5,500
Power: 101 bhp
Engine: 599 cc, 13,000 rpm red line, 135 mph top speed
Economy: 40 mpg
Range: 170 miles from the 19.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 800 mm
Weight: 198 kg (wet), 173 kg (dry)
What Is It?
The Honda Hornet is a mid-range naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599cc inline four engine, producing 100.6bhp at 12,000rpm and maximum torque at 10,500rpm.
- Aluminium mono-backbone frame and swingarm (5mm longer)
- Dual 296mm discs up front with Nissin 3 piston calipers
- 240mm rear disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- Bosch Combined ABS system
- Showa 41mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Showa rear shock with 7 level adjustable pre-load and 128mm travel
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox, fuel injection
The long list of improvements over the 1998-2006 model include a new 19 litre fuel tank, digital dash, low slung exhaust system for better mass centralisation, Euro 3 compliant emissions and all with a 3kg weight reduction.
Honda also upgraded the engine with a blacked out and de-tuned lump derived from the same generation CBR600RR and it's 5kg lighter. The new 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include an alarm, tank protector, mini fly screen, pillion seat cowl and heated grips.
- 2007-2008: Black, yellow, red, blue and orange
- 2009-2013: Black, yellow, red, blue, green, silver, white
2011: LCD dash.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2007||538||183||721||62 / month|
|2008||479||171||650||29 / month|
|2009||317||90||407||47 / month|
|2010||271||60||331||29 / month|
|2011||191||51||242||9 / month|
|2012||131||41||172||6 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk