Honda CB600F Hornet Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (800 mm / 31.5 inches)
- Weight: Average (198 kg / 437 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (19.0 litres / 5.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: High (170 miles / 274 km)
- Top Speed: High (135 mph / 217 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (599 cc)
- Power: High (101 bhp / 75 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.510 bhp/kg / 0.380 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (13,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £5,500
For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
What Is It?
The Honda Hornet is a popular mid-range naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 100.6 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 10,500 rpm.
- Aluminium mono-backbone frame and swingarm
- Dual 296 mm discs up front with Nissin three piston calipers
- 240 mm rear disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- Bosch Combined ABS system
- Showa 41 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Showa rear shock with 7 level adjustable pre-load and 128 mm travel
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox, fuel injection
The long list of improvements over the 1998-2006 model include a new 19 litre fuel tank, digital dash, low slung exhaust system for better mass centralisation, Euro 3 compliant emissions, a 5 mm longer swingarm and all with a 3 kg weight reduction.
Honda also upgraded the engine with a blacked out and de-tuned lump derived from the same generation CBR600RR and it's 5 kg lighter. The new 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include an alarm, tank protector, mini fly screen, pillion seat cowl and heated grips.
- 2007-2008: Black, yellow, red, blue and orange
- 2009-2013: Black, yellow, red, blue, green, silver, white
Model History & Updates
2011: LCD dash added.
Popularity & How Many Left