Honda CBR600F For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £4,850–£3,250
What Is It?
The Honda CBR600F is a popular mid-range sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 100 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 10,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 296 mm discs up front with Nissin two piston calipers
- Rear 240 mm disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- Bosch ABS system
- 41 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 128 mm travel
- 6 speed gearbox
The Honda CBR600F originally ran for 20 years, from the innovative and sporty CBR600F1, to being the more sensible option to the CBR600RR. A proven but not particularly exciting model when it ended production in 2006.
When Honda reintroduced the CBR600F in 2011, they pretty much stuck a fairing on the much younger CB600F Hornet but on the plus side, the Hornet was already a fantastic motorcycle, so the addition of a fairing makes it a great entry-level sports bike.
One of the best features is that the riding position settles somewhere between a full sports crouch and the upright approach of most naked bikes. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red/white/black, blue/white/black
2014: Replaced by the Honda CBR650F.
Did You Know?
CBR is short for City Bike Racer.
- Build quality, speed, handling, comfort, ABS brakes, low seat, excellent value all rounder
- On the heavy side, limited range, no gear indicator, headlight, budget for a raised screen and hugger
Capacity: 599 cc (average)
Power: 100 bhp / 75 kW (average)
Red Line: 13,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 156 mph / 251 km/h (very high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 211 kg / 465 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 194 kg / 428 pounds
Launch RRP: £7,000
Check out this video review from RoadcraftNottingham.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you weekly updates with adverts like this:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2011||571||139||710||190 / month|
|2012||486||78||564||140 / month|
|2013||489||124||613||160 / month|
|2014||150||42||192||27 / month|