Kawasaki Versys 650 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 6 of 10
Current Prices: £4,300–£2,450
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Versys 650 is a mid-range adventure bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 649cc parallel twin engine, producing 63bhp at 8,000rpm and maximum torque at 6,800rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 300mm wavy discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 220mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41mm upside down fork with 150mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 145mm travel
- 6 speed gearbox, fuel injection
Compared to the 2006-2009 model the headlight / mirrors have been re-designed, the grab rails are easier to hold, pillion pegs rubberised, screen offers more protection, front indicators sleeker, new tail light, rubber mounts to reduce engine vibration and ABS is now an option.
To keep the weight centralised and low Kawasaki have kept the exhaust short and under the engine, while the screen can be adjusted over three positions with tools, however you can't fit the top box and panniers at the same time. A 33.5bhp restrictor kit is available for A2 compliance and the 6-spoke 17" wheels take a Dunlop Sportmax 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a Bosch ABS system (+3kg), colour matched 30 litre top box, colour matched 35 litre panniers, tall screen, 3-level Vario screen, handguards, 5-level heated grips, 12V socket and frame sliders.
For £7,000 the Versys Tourer get you the panniers, handguards and the much needed Vario screen.
Colours: Black, silver, red, yellow, blue, white, green, bronze
Did You Know?
The name is a combination of Versatile and System. It's also known as the KLE650.
- Lots of low down power, all round ability, handling, bullet proof engine, value
- Screen adjustment needs tools, headlights are a bit funky, not the smoothest engine
Capacity: 649 cc (average)
Power: 63 bhp / 47 kW (average)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 115 mph / 185 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 845 mm / 33.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 206 kg / 454 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 181 kg / 399 pounds
Launch RRP: £6,100
Check out this really useful video review from Vegan On A Versys.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you weekly updates with adverts like this:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2010||342||118||460||110 / month|
|2011||233||58||291||43 / month|
|2012||169||53||222||75 / month|
|2013||113||19||132||95 / month|
|2014||147||23||170||60 / month|