Yamaha FZS600 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (790 mm / 31.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (205 kg / 452 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Top Speed: High (145 mph / 233 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (599 cc)
- Power: Average (95 bhp / 71 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.463 bhp/kg / 0.346 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (12,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: High (£73 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £4,700
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from superjackhamm3.
What Is It?
The Yamaha FZS600 is a popular naked bike and is powered by a Euro 1 compliant liquid cooled 599 cc inline four engine, producing 95 bhp at 11,500 rpm and maximum torque at 9,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with adjustable pre-load and 120 mm travel
- Four 38 mm Mikuni carbs
- Electric starter
- 6 speed gearbox
Yamaha re-purposed the engine from the YZF600 Thundercat. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 110/70 tyre at the front and a 160/60 at the rear.
- 1998: Yellow, red, black
- 1999: Red, silver, black
- 2000: Black, silver, yellow/black, red
- 2001: Black, blue, red
- 2002: Blue, silver, yellow/black
- 2003: Blue, red, silver
In Kill Bill the Crazy 88 ride early square headlight black Fazer 600s.
Model History & Updates
2000: Fuel capacity increased to 20 litres, new digital console, fork gets pre-load adjustment and the pillion seat more padding.
2002: New FZS1000 inspired fairing with improved "Fox Eye" headlights, new dash and fuel capacity increased to 22 litres.