Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade is a dedicated premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999.8 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 178.4 bhp at 12,250 rpm and maximum torque at 10,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Showa BPF upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa shock with 62 mm travel
- Electronic steering damper, slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- LED tail light
Compared to the 2012-2013 model the engine has received extensive work on the cylinder head, improving inlet and exhaust gas flow and combustion efficiency. The result is a small jump in peak power and improved mid-range torque. The riding position has also been refined, with revised handlebar and footpeg position.
Honda say the engine is "Blueprinted". That means in the factory each batch of pistons and rods are weighed, then those that most closely match the middle tolerance and each other are used, giving the engine more balance at higher RPMs. The 12-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Options include Combined ABS (+11 kg, £600), pillion seat cowl, rear hugger, 27 mm taller screen, comfort seat and a variety of Carbon Fibre bits.
- 2014: Red/white/blue, Repsol (red/orange/white), black, white/black
- 2015: Red/white/blue, black
215,000 Fireblades have been sold since 1992.
Up And Down The Range
Honda also offer a £15,000 track focused SP version which makes 3 bhp more, comes with Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes, has a lighter solo seat with less padding, a more aggressive riding position, lighter sub-frame, Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres and is 1 kg lighter overall.
Launch RRP: £12,000
Capacity: 1,000 cc (high)
Power: 175 bhp / 130 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 17.7 litres / 3.9 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 200 kg / 441 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.875 bhp/kg / 0.652 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left