Yamaha YZF-R6 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha YZF-R6 is a dedicated mid-range sports bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 599 cc forward inclined inline four engine, producing 116.8 bhp at 14,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame / swingarm with Magnesium subframe
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 120 mm travel
- 4->1 exhaust system with Titanium silencer
- 6-level traction control with off mode
- 3 ride modes, quickshifter
- Slipper clutch, LED lighting
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2008-2016 model the 2017 gets an R1 inspired twin LED eye makeover, with aggressive looking LED position lights. It also draws inspiration from the R1's front cowl with a 50 mm higher screen and 8% overall improvement in aerodynamics.
The front fork is now from the R1 and up from 41 mm to 43 mm, while the 1.2 kg lighter Aluminium fuel tank offers deeper knee recesses and the front discs are 10 mm larger. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
The Race Ready edition gets you a full race fairing, power boosting Titanium Akrapovic exhaust system, Ohlins suspension, Brembo T-drive brakes and Pirelli Diablo tyres.
Accessories include the Titanium Akrapovic muffler, racing stands, LED rear indicators (£95), billet pegs (£82) and pillion seat cover (£171).
- 2017-2019: Black, blue (slightly more black for 2018)
- 2020: Black, blue
Did You Know?
From 1999 to 2016 over 160,000 R6s have been sold in Europe.
Launch RRP: £11,000
Capacity: 599 cc (average)
Power: 117 bhp / 87 kW (high)
Red Line: 16,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 175 mph / 282 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 190 kg / 419 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.616 bhp/kg / 0.459 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left