Triumph Speedmaster For Sale
The 2003 Triumph Speedmaster is a medium sized cruiser style bike and is powered by a 790cc parallel twin engine which puts out 53bhp.
What Is It?
- Looks great, comfy
- No fuel gauge, heavy
It's powered by an air-cooled 790cc parallel twin four stroke engine, producing 53bhp at 7,400rpm and maximum torque at just 3,500rpm. RRP was £7,600 in 2017.
- Steel tubular frame and Steel swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 285mm disc at the rear with Nissin 2 piston caliper
- KYB 41mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Dual KYB rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 96mm travel
- 5 speed gearbox
The Speedmaster is based heavily on the Triumph Bonneville America, which is in turn based heavily on the Bonneville T100 790cc. To make it more of a cruiser the seat is lower, the pegs further forward, the rev counter is mounted on the tank, there are dual discs up front and the engine is more blacked out. The cast 18" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 15" a 170/80.
Accessories include Chrome silencers, leather panniers, short/tall screens, solo/touring/roadster seats, engine bars, pillion backrest, footboards and lots of bling.
- 2003: Red/black, blue/black
- 2004: Black, blue/black, red/black, yellow/black
- 2005: Blue/black
- 2006: Black, blue/black, red/black
- 2007-2016: Black, red, red/black, blue/black
- 2017: Black, grey
2005: Engine increased to 865cc, like the 2008-2016 Bonneville T100, producing maximum power of 61bhp at 6,500rpm and maximum torque at 4,800rpm.
2008: Fuel injection added. 60bhp at 6,800rpm and maximum torque at 3,300rpm.
2011: Lower 690mm seat, new stand design, change to single front disc with new spiral design, 19" front star design wheel with 100/90 tyre, new design headlight/speedo, fork no longer upside down and fuel capacity up to 19.5 litres. Dry weight up to 231kg.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (21)
- 1 of 7
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this review of the 865cc from Captain Rambunctious:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|
RM/2003/020, issued 16/12/2003, affected 1,021 bikes
If the motorcycle is dropped onto its left side to the horizontal position for any reason, air may enter the rear brake master cylinder reservoir to master cylinder hose. The air will be unable to escape when the machine is righted and this could result in the rear brake becoming inoperative.
- Build Dates: 01/06/2001 to 03/12/2003
- Vehicle Ids: 139158 to 197076
RM/2004/007, issued 21/05/2004, affected 624 bikes
Under certain assembly conditions, the electrical power supply cable to the Starter Motor may come into direct contact with the oil cooler return pipe. In time, an electrical short may occur.
- Build Dates: 25/06/2001 to 11/12/2002
- 00000000000139158 to 00000000000176552
- 00000000000161591 to 00000000000176552
RM/2004/023, issued 21/09/2004, affected 1,230 bikes
There is a possibility of poor weld penetration between the bottom eyelet and the main rear suspension unit body. Under certain conditions there is a potential for the power eyelet to become detached compromising the machines' stability.
- Build Dates: 09/03/2004 to 16/06/2004
- 203747 to 209818
- 202470 to 208737
- 202465 to 207037
- 202460 to 208895
- 00000000000197163 to 00000000000202563
- 00000000000197134 to 00000000000202492
RM/2014/029, issued 03/11/2014, affected 242 bikes
Components within the ECU are incompatible when operating at extremes of tolerance. This condition can cause damage to the injector driver and can lead to the injector being constantly on. The engine will either fail to start or, if running, the fuel injector circuit can malfunction causing one cylinder to lose power.
- Build Dates: 06/02/2014 to 07/08/2014
- SMT920K13FT665698 to SMTTRE16B8F668964
- 97N910K17FM673855 to 97NE06BFXFM666396