Triumph Bonneville America For Sale
What Is It?
The Triumph Bonneville America is a cruiser style bike based on the T100 and is powered by an air-cooled 790 cc parallel twin four stroke engine, producing 53 bhp at 7,400 rpm and maximum torque at just 3,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 310 mm disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 285 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- 41 mm KYB upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Dual KYB rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 96 mm travel
- 5 speed gearbox
It's closely related to the original Bonneville Speedmaster but with only a single disc at the front and it didn't acquire the new fork design in 2011 when the Speedmaster did.
The wire-spoked 18" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 15" a 170/80.
Accessories include leather panniers, pillion backrest, tall highway screen, floorboards, engine bars and additional headlights.
- 2001-2002: Red/black, blue/silver
- 2003: Black, blue/silver, green/silver
- 2004: Black, green/silver, red/silver
- 2005: Black, grey/silver, red/silver
- 2006: Black, black/red,
- 2007-2010: Black, blue, blue/white
- 2011: Black, blue/white
- 2012: Black, blue/white, black/white
- 2013-2017: Black, red, blue
Launch RRP: £6,550
Capacity: 790 cc (average)
Power: 53 bhp / 40 kW (average)
Red Line: 7,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 95 mph / 153 km/h (average)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 16.6 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 720 mm / 28.3 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 249 kg / 549 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 229 kg / 505 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.213 bhp/kg / 0.159 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Looks good
- Pretty heavy
2006: New 865 cc engine with 61 bhp, new cast wheels replacing the wire-spokes, adjustable levers and indicators moved from handlebars to fork.
2008: Fuel injection added.
2011: Lower seat, 16" front wheel, handlebars more swept back, single piece seat and fuel capacity up to 19.5 litres.
2015: £8,400 LT model adds tall screen, pillion backrest, leather panniers and floorboards.
Check out this video review from Captain Rambunctious.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left