Harley Davidson XLH883 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (655 mm / 25.8 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (222 kg / 490 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Low (8.5 litres / 2.2 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (55 mpg / 5.1 l/100km / 19.5 km/l)
- Range: Average (100 miles / 161 km)
- Top Speed: High (105 mph / 169 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (883 cc)
- Power: Average (47 bhp / 35 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.212 bhp/kg / 0.158 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (6,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £3,000
For Sale (4)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video walkaround from iMotorsports Inc.
What Is It?
The Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 is a mid-range cruiser which is powered by an air-cooled 883 cc (54 cubic inches) V-Twin Evolution engine which puts out 46.9 bhp at 5,000 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,000 rpm.
- Chain final drive
- Steel tubular frame
- 292 mm disc up front with single piston caliper
- 292 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 35 mm Showa fork
- Dual rear shocks with adjustable pre-load
- 34 mm Keihin carb
- Electric starter
- 2->2 exhaust system
- 4 speed gearbox
The 19" front wheel takes a 90/90 tyre and the rear 16" a 90/90.
Colours: Black, blue, red, greenDid You Know?
It can be easily turned into a 1,200 cc (74 cubic inches) with kit from Harley.
Model History & Updates
1991: 5 speed gearbox, belt final drive, four piston calipers, new clutch, 39 mm fork, 100/90 front tyre and 130/90 rear tyre.
1994: New more weather resistant electrical system and clutch refinements.
1995: Electric speedometer.
1999: New 12.5 litre fuel tank, 720 mm seat height and 235 kg wet.
2004: New frame, rubber mounted engine, lighter clutch, 263 kg wet and £5,200.
2007: Fuel injection.
Popularity & How Many Left