Triumph Bonneville Bobber
- Just look at it
- Pretty heavy
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1200cc parallel twin engine from the T120, with a new airbox and tuned for more torque lower down around 4-5k. It makes 76bhp at 6,100rpm and maximum torque at just 4,000rpm. RRP is £10,500.
- Tubular Steel frame and swingarm
- 310mm disc up front with Nissin 2 piston caliper
- 255mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 2 ride modes (Road/Rain)
- 41mm KYB fork with 90mm travel
- Rear KYB shock with 77mm travel
- Adjustable seat (up/down/forward/back, 690mm lowest)
- Adjustable dash angle
- Retro style battery box
- Drum brake styled rear hub
- Rear mudguard loop
- Bullet style LED indicators and LED rear light
- Hidden cat box in the bottom of the frame
- Switchable traction control
- Torque assist clutch
- 6 speed gearbox and gear position indicator
- 10,000 mile service interval
Compared to the T120 on which it's based, the Bobber features a low single seat, flat bars, wide rear wheel and hardtail look with the Aluminium seat. It isn't actually a traditional hardtail bobber though because the seat is fixed as normal and the rear shock is cunningly hidden inside the frame.
The chassis and suspension are new for the Bobber and Triumph have taken care to hide the wires where possible for a really clean look. There are plenty of details to make it look authentic such as the ignition placed in the centre of the bike on the right side, drum brake styled rear hub, rear mudguard loop and authentic battery box.
The accessory catalogue is essentially the same as the rest of the Bonneville range with hundreds of parts to choose from; there are Vance & Hines mufflers (£650), high ape hanger handlebars (£100), clip on bars, heated grips (£185), cruise control (£250), comfort seat (£125), LED headlight, rear bag (£270) and short front mudguard (£120). Plenty of scope for customisation!
The 19" front and 16" rear wire spoked wheels are fitted with Avon Cobra tyres (100/90 front and 150/80 rear).
- 2017: Black, red (£125), grey (£125), green/silver (our fav. but £300 more)
- 2018: Black, red (£125), green/silver (£300), red/silver (new, £300)
From 2018 and for roughly a grand more you can have the Bobber Black with dual front discs, Brembo brakes, LED headlight, blacked out engine/exhaust, smaller front wheel with fatter tyre and beefier fork.
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Prices Updated: 18th February 2018
Finance your next bike with Superbike Loans, the UK's number one bike finance specialist. Get a decision within one hour.
Value Your Bike
Get a full valuation from We Want Your Motorbike today. Just pop in your reg number and a few bike details, get the valuation and they'll pay for your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Insurance groups vary widely by insurer with anywhere from 17 to 65 groups but our simple scale gives you a rough idea of how wallet busting it's likely to be. How to save on insurance.
Insurance Group: 7 of 10
We want to hear about your bike or scooter and the story behind it. Why you bought it, what's good, what's bad and what you have changed over the years: email@example.com
Check out this part one review from FinlandTony: