Honda CBR900RR Fireblade (918) For Sale
The 1998 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a 918cc inline four engine which puts out 130bhp. It was originally launched in 1992 with updates in 1996, 2000 and 2002.
- Excellent brakes, good fuel economy
- At this price, not many!
What Is It?
The 1998 model was more evolution than revolution, for instance most of the engine's internal components were re-designed to minimise weight and friction. Other changes include a new upper fairing, headlight cluster, box section swingarm and larger 310mm front discs.
- Dual 310mm discs with 2 piston calipers up front
- Rear 220mm disc with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 45mm Showa fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable read pro-link suspension with 125mm travel
- 6 speed transmission
- 4-2-1 exhaust system
The liquid cooled 918cc four stroke four cylinder engine achieves maximum power of 130bhp at 10,500rpm. The triple box twin spar Aluminium frame remains the same as before.
A new Aluminium silencer helped to reduce the dry weight slightly to 180kg and two special editions were available:
- 50th Anniversary celebrating 50 years of Honda motorbike production.
- Evolution Fireblade built to celebrate the 100th win at the Isle of Man TT race, although this was more of a publicity stunt and retailed at a jaw dropping £22,325!
Colour schemes and RRP:
- 1998: Orange/black, red/white/blue, grey/black and yellow
- 1999: Red/white/blue, blue/black/red and blue/gold
Did You Know?
FireBlade, as a model name, originally came about as a mistranslation of "lightning" into Japanese
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (15)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
- Motorcyclespecs - a good epic ride, worth a read