Honda CBR900RR Fireblade 918 For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBR900RR Fireblade is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 918.5 cc inline four engine, producing 130 bhp at 10,500 rpm and maximum torque at 9,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 45 mm Showa fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable pro-link shock with 125 mm travel
- Four 38 mm carbs
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 1996-1997 model there's a focus on re-designing the engine internal to be lighter and minimise friction, a new lighter action clutch, a new upper fairing, lighter exhaust design, new headlight cluster, new swingarm and larger 310 mm front discs.
The 5-spoke 16" front wheel takes a Bridgestone BT56 130/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 180/55.
- 1998: Orange/black, red/white/blue, grey/black, yellow
- 1999: Red/white/blue, blue/black/red, blue/gold
50th Anniversary: Celebrating 50 years of Honda motorbike production.
Evolution Fireblade: Built to celebrate the 100th win at the Isle of Man TT race, although this was more of a publicity stunt and retailed at a jaw dropping £22,325!
Did You Know?
FireBlade, as a model name, originally came about as a mistranslation of "lightning" into Japanese.
Launch RRP: £9,265
Capacity: 919 cc (average)
Power: 130 bhp / 97 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 203 kg / 448 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 180 kg / 397 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.640 bhp/kg / 0.478 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left