Honda CBR900RR Fireblade For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBR900RR Fireblade is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 893 cc inline four 16 valve engine, producing 123 bhp at 10,500 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 296 mm floating discs at the front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 45 mm Showa fork with 120 mm travel
- Pro-link suspension at the rear with 112 mm travel
- Four 38 mm Keihin CV carbs
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
At the time the competition boasted about more power but the original Fireblade undercut them by as much as 15 kg in the weight department; the Aluminium frame, drilled fairings and unusually small front wheel all help to keep the weight down.
The blade sold really well, with demand soon outstripping supply. It fundamentally changed the sports bike market by offering litre bike performance in a bike the size and weight of a 600, with good suspension and brakes. The 6-spoke 16" front wheel takes a Bridgestone Battlax 130/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 180/55.
- 1992: £7,390: Black/grey and red/white/blue
- 1993: £7,565: Black/red/blue and white/red/blue
- 1994-1995: £8,195: Red/white/blue, black/red and orange/silver (Urban Tiger)
Did You Know?
Designer Tadao Baba designed the bike with a dedicated focus on saving weight and handling, rather than merely relying on the engine's power to compete with rivals. It was the first Honda sports bike to bear the designation RR.
1994: Compression adjustment added to the fork to tame the lively front end. Other minor adjustments included a new fairing, the 30% lighter Fox Eye headlights, changing the cylinder head from Aluminium to Magnesium (300 grams lighter) and a 15 mm taller screen for more protection.
Review In A Few
- Some under seat storage
- Smooth engine
- Build quality
- 16" front wheel limits tyre choice
- Gearbox is a bit clunky
Launch RRP: £7,390
Capacity: 893 cc (average)
Power: 123 bhp / 92 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 155 mph / 249 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 205 kg / 452 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 185 kg / 408 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.600 bhp/kg / 0.447 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left