Yamaha FZR1000 EXUP Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (765 mm / 30.1 inches)
- Dry Weight: Heavy (209 kg / 461 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (19.0 litres / 5.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (190 miles / 306 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (175 mph / 282 km/h)
- Capacity: High (1,002 cc)
- Power: High (143 bhp / 107 kW)
- Redline: High (11,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £6,800
For Sale (4)
Sell Your Bike
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Yamaha FZR1000 EXUP is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,002 cc inline four engine which puts out 143 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 267 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Adjustable 41 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear monoshock with 130 mm travel
- Mikuni BDST38 carbs
- Triple analogue dash
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
Compared to the 1987-1988 Genesis model there's a new more rigid Deltabox II frame, a 13 cc capacity bump with 8 bhp power, four piston calipers at the front, a 500 rpm higher red line, a beefed up fork, smaller rear wheel and improved seat but it's 5 kg heavier and has 1 litre less fuel capacity.
The big new feature is the Exhaust Ultimate Powervalve (EXUP) to smooth out power delivery. It's a computer controlled rotary valve which sits between the header pipes and the collector, opening at a set rpm.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 130/60 tyre at the front and a 170/60 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red, blue
Model History & Updates
1991: New single headlight and beefier 43 mm upside down fork.
1995: Back to dual headlights.
Popularity & How Many Left