BMW R1200RT Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (820 mm / 32.3 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (259 kg / 571 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (27.0 litres / 7.1 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: Very High (270 miles / 434 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,170 cc)
- Power: High (110 bhp / 82 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.425 bhp/kg / 0.317 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £10,700
For Sale (14)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The BMW R1200RT is a premium touring bike which can be spec'd up with all the toys and is powered by an air / liquid cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 110 bhp at 7,500 rpm with maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Shaft final drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- ABS system
- 35 mm Telelever suspension up front with 120 mm travel
- Rear Paralever suspension with 135 mm travel and adjustable pre-load
- 820 mm / 840 mm adjustable seat
- Adjustable levers
- 12V socket
- Cruise control
- 32 litre panniers
- 6 speed gearbox
The R1200RT launched in 2005 to replace the outgoing R1150RT and the closely related R1200ST is basically a 70 kg lighter version with less fairings.
Compared to the R1150RT there's a new aerodynamic fairing, integrated mirrors which add wind protection, a taller screen, 15 bhp more power, more functionality and 20 kg less weight. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyres at the front and 180/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a 780 mm low seat, CD player with radio (£900), 28 / 49 litre top boxes, tank bag, computer, heated grips, heated seat, sat nav and electronic suspension (ESA).
Colours: Black, grey/black, red/black, blue/silverDid You Know?
A police version can be seen briefly in 24: Live Another Day (episode 3/12) and Spooks. It's referred to as the R1200RT-P.
Model History & Updates
2008: iPod connector.
2009: Limited edition Touring Special in black with traction control (ASC), TPMS and colour coded top box.
Popularity & How Many Left