Yamaha MT-03 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (805 mm / 31.7 inches)
- Weight: Average (192 kg / 423 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (15.0 litres / 4.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Good (60 mpg / 4.7 l/100km / 21.2 km/l)
- Range: High (200 miles / 322 km)
- Top Speed: Average (100 mph / 161 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (659 cc)
- Power: Average (45 bhp / 34 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.234 bhp/kg / 0.175 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £4,800
For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-03 is a funky naked bike with quite a following and is powered by a liquid cooled 659 cc single cylinder engine, producing 45 bhp at 6,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,250 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- Rear 245 mm disc with Brembo single piston caliper
- 43 mm fork with 130 mm travel
- Side mounted shock with 120 mm travel
- Unique 1->2 exhaust system
- 5 speed gearbox
The engine is also found in the XT660 off-road adventure models and offers immediate throttle response throughout the rev range. As a rather high capacity single cylinder design it's often called a Thumper. The brakes and fork are from the FZ6.
The brightly coloured side mounted shock of the lateral suspension system really stands out, giving the bike a unique image. It also shares some design elements with the larger MT-01, most notably the twin under seat pipes and angular bodywork while the twin mufflers on both bikes are surrounded by resin heat shields to protect the rider.
Yamaha engineered a weight distribution of 52% front to 48% rear, resulting in more front end feel. The weight distribution and focused centre of gravity both contribute to the agile handling of the bike. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
- 2004: Light blue
- 2006: White, blue and black
- 2007-2008: Red, white and black
- 2009: Yellow, red and black
- 2010: Yellow, black
- 2011-2013: White, black
Yamaha's Kodo design philosophy is at work in the MT-03. In Japanese Kodo means heartbeat or rhythm of the soul. The concept is probably best described if you imagine the feeling created by the Kodo drumming group.
Popularity & How Many Left