Yamaha MT-01 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £9,750–£4,850
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-01 is a naked bike designed specifically for loads of low end torque and is powered by a huge air-cooled 1,670 cc V-Twin engine, producing 90 bhp at 4,750 rpm and maximum torque at just 3,750 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Upside down adjustable 43 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Rear adjustable shock with 117 mm travel
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 267 mm disc at rear with two piston caliper
- 12 hole fuel injectors
- Hydraulic clutch operation
- 5-speed gearbox
The flagship MT-01 kick started the Masters of Torque line in 2005 with an engine re-purposed from the XV1600 Wild Star plus with the wheels, swingarm, fork and brakes from the 2004-2006 Yamaha YZF-R1.
The standard bike makes 90 bhp however there were three tuning kits available, each of which built on the kit below and boosted the power further:
- Solo seat, dual Akrapovic mufflers and heat shields
- Full Titanium Akrapovic system and high performance ECU
- Velocity stack kit, valve springs, stronger diaphragm clutch spring, gasket kit, high compression piston kit and high performance cam shaft
In terms of sales the additional tuning kits turned out to be too expensive new, which Yamaha addressed by throwing in the complete £1000 Akrapovic system. The 4-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
In 2009 Yamaha released an SP version with upgraded Ohlins suspension, Pirelli Diablo Rosso tyres and a red/white colour scheme with black/red seat.
Colours: Black, white, sliver, blue, silver/orange.
Did You Know?
The MT-01 was unveiled at the 1999 Tokyo Motor Show and remained largely unchanged throughout its life.
Review In A Few
- Traffic lights are your friends, ultimate rare posing tool, powerful brakes
- Budget for better tyres, large, heavy, tank range
Capacity: 1,670 cc (very high)
Power: 90 bhp / 67 kW (average)
Red Line: 5,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 131 mph / 211 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 265 kg / 584 pounds (very heavy)
Dry Weight: 240 kg / 529 pounds
Launch RRP: £9,350
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2005||77||58||135||22 / month|
|2006||51||52||103||33 / month|
|2007||78||68||146||150 / month|
|2010||6||12||18||4 / month|
|2011||8||9||17||18 / month|