Yamaha MT-01 For Sale
The Yamaha MT-01 is a naked bike designed specifically for loads of low end torque. It's powered by a huge 1,670cc V-Twin engine which puts out 90bhp.
- Traffic lights are your friends, ultimate rare posing tool, powerful brakes
- Budget for better tyres, large and heavy, tank range
What Is It?
The flagship MT-01 kick started the Masters of Torque line in 2005 with a 1670cc, high torque, air-cooled V-Twin. The engine was re-purposed from the XV1600 Wild Star, with the wheels, swingarm, forks and brakes from the 2004-2006 Yamaha YZF-R1.
- Upside down adjustable 43mm fork with 120mm travel
- Rear adjustable monoshock with 117mm travel
- Dual 310mm discs up front with three piston calipers
- 267mm disc at rear with 2 piston caliper
- Aluminium die-cast, double cradle frame
- Bespoke Akrapovic Titanium under seat exhausts
- 12 hole fuel injectors
- Hydraulic clutch operation
- 5-speed gearbox
The standard bike realises 90bhp however there were three tuning kits available, each of which built on the kit below and boosted the power further:
- Solo seat, dual Akrapovic mufflers and heat shields
- Full Akrapovic exhaust system and high performance ECU
- Velocity stack kit, valve springs, stronger diaphragm clutch spring, gasket kit, high compression piston kit and high performance cam shaft
In terms of sales the additional tuning kits turned out to be too expensive new, which Yamaha addressed by throwing in the complete £1000 Akrapovic system. The 4-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
In 2009 Yamaha released an SP version with upgraded Ohlins suspension, Pirelli Diablo Rosso tyres and a red/white colour scheme with black/red seat.
Available colours: white, black, sliver, blue and silver/orange.
Did You Know?
The MT-01 was unveiled at the 1999 Tokyo Motor Show and remained largely unchanged throughout its life
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (8)
- 1 of 3
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!