Yamaha MT-01 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-01 is a naked bike designed specifically for loads of low end torque and is powered by a huge air-cooled 1,670 cc V-Twin engine, producing 90 bhp at 4,750 rpm and maximum torque at just 3,750 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Upside down adjustable 43 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Rear adjustable shock with 117 mm travel
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 267 mm disc at rear with two piston caliper
- 12 hole fuel injectors
- Hydraulic clutch operation
- 5-speed gearbox
The flagship MT-01 kick started the Masters of Torque line in 2005 with an engine re-purposed from the XV1600 Wild Star plus with the wheels, swingarm, fork and brakes from the 2004-2006 Yamaha YZF-R1.
The standard bike makes 90 bhp however there were three tuning kits available, each of which built on the kit below and boosted the power further:
- Solo seat, dual Akrapovic mufflers and heat shields
- Full Titanium Akrapovic system and high performance ECU
- Velocity stack kit, valve springs, stronger diaphragm clutch spring, gasket kit, high compression piston kit and high performance cam shaft
In terms of sales the additional tuning kits turned out to be too expensive new, which Yamaha addressed by throwing in the complete £1000 Akrapovic system. The 4-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Black, white, sliver, blue, silver/orange.Did You Know?
The MT-01 was unveiled at the 1999 Tokyo Motor Show and remained largely unchanged throughout its life.
Launch RRP: £9,350
Capacity: 1,670 cc (very high)
Power: 90 bhp / 67 kW (average)
Red Line: 5,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 131 mph / 211 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 265 kg / 584 pounds (very heavy)
Dry Weight: 240 kg / 529 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.340 bhp/kg / 0.253 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Traffic lights are your friends
- Ultimate rare posing tool
- Powerful brakes
- Budget for better tyres
- Large and heavy
- Tank range
2009: MT-01 SP version with upgraded Ohlins suspension, Pirelli Diablo Rosso tyres and a red/white colour scheme with black/red seat.
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left