Suzuki Intruder M1800R For Sale
The Suzuki Intruder M1800R is a cruiser style bike and is powered by a huge 1,783cc V-Twin engine which puts out 123bhp.
What Is It?
- Low maintenance shaft drive, looks, torque, brakes, comfort
- Really heavy, not overly fond of corners, firm suspension
Suzuki launched the M1800R in 2006 powered by a liquid cooled 1783cc V-Twin four stroke engine, achieving maximum power of 123bhp at 6,200rpm and peak torque at 3,200rpm. The engine benefits from GSX-R tech and is controlled by Suzuki's electronic fuel injection system; you control the first set of two valves while the clever 32bit ECU controls the second based on temperature/pressure data from the air sensor. RRP is £12,500 in 2017.
- Steel double cradle frame with cast Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310mm front discs with radial mount 2 piston calipers based on the GSX-R
- Rear 275mm disc with 2 piston caliper
- Kayaba 46mm upside down fork with 130mm travel
- Rear Kayaba pre-load adjustable shock with 120mm travel
- Fuel injection and Dual Valve Throttle System
- 2-1-2 stainless steel exhaust system, tuned by audio engineers for maximum impact
- 5 speed constant mesh gearbox
- LED tail light and indicators
To get the torque from the engine to the rear wheel is a shaft drive system, much like the BMW R1200GS. Looking at the wheels both are 18" cast Aluminium alloy fitted with a chunky 240 section rear and 130 front tubeless tyre. Just be careful not to shred the tyre with an overly enthusiastic throttle.
For maximum flexibility between looking good solo and touring two up Suzuki provide both the pillion seat and seat cowl. Options include a pillion back rest/sissy bar, tall screen for maximum touring comfort and a shiny drive shaft cover (although we think it looks fine in black). There is also a gear indicator alongside the clock and fuel gauge.
The M1800RZ and M1800RBZ B.O.S.S. are special editions with tasty custom colours to really stand out, some with blacked out details; mirrors, bars, levers, front forks/stem, tank cover, engine, exhaust, calipers and stand. The RBZ retails for a grand more new than the £11k base model and as such they command a small premium used.
- 2006: Black/chrome
- 2007: Black/chrome, blue/chrome special edition
- 2008 On: Black/chrome
- 2009: White/chrome
- 2010-2011: Red/black
- 2012: Blue/chrome
- 2013: Red/chrome
- 2014: Silver/chrome
- 2014: Yellow/black
- 2015: Red/black, white/black (we like the red/black!)
- 2016-2017: Blue/black
Did You Know?
Elsewhere it's marketed as the M109R Boulevard.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (8)
- 1 of 3
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
If you have any questions the nice chaps at the Intruder Owners Club UK probably know the answer!