Triumph Thunderbird Commander For Sale
The 2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a 1,699cc parallel twin engine which puts out 93bhp. It's a more traditional US style cruiser version of the Thunderbird.
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,597cc 270º parallel twin engine, producing 92.5bhp at a low 5,400rpm and maximum torque at just 3,550rpm. Like a number of other cruisers final drive is via belt. RRP was £13,000 in 2014 and £13,700 in 2017 (+£360 for two tone paint).
- Tubular Steel frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 310mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system
- 47mm Showa fork with 120mm travel
- Dual Showa rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 109mm travel
- Chromed 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the basic Thunderbird you get the a new chassis, larger 1700cc engine, a 17" front wheel rather than a 19", wider front tyre, more travel at the rear from Showa shocks, an adjustable fork, touring seat and floorboards but it's 9kg heavier. The 5-spoked 17" wheels takes a 140/75 tyre at the front and a fat 200/50 at the rear.
Accessories include the tall screen, leather panniers (£520), heated grips (£153), pillion backrest (£155), rear rack (£102), headlight cowl and dresser bars.
Colours: Black, black/grey, red/silver
- Base model 1600/1700 (2009 On): 1600cc, single headlight and lots of Chrome.
- Storm (2011 On): 1700cc, blacked out, low bars, dual headlights and ABS.
- Nightstorm (2015 On): Special Edition Storm with blacked out exhausts, mirrors, custom paint job, Showa shocks and premium seat.
- LT (2014 On): Fully dressed Commander with 16" spoked wheels, white walled tyres, screen, panniers, pillion backrest and 3 front lights.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (6)
- 1 of 2
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Check out this review from Captain Rambunctious:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|