Triumph Thunderbird 1600 / 1700 For Sale
The 2009 Triumph Thunderbird 1600/1700 is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a 1,597cc parallel twin engine which puts out 85bhp (1,699cc and 97bhp with the big bore kit).
What Is It?
- Handling, loads of low down power
- No gear position indicator, really heavy
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,597cc 270º parallel twin engine, producing 84.5bhp at a low 4,850rpm and maximum torque at just 2,750rpm. Like a number of other cruisers final drive is via belt. RRP was £9,500 in 2009 and £11,800 in 2017 (+£360 for two tone paint).
- Tubular Steel frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 310mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system
- 47mm Showa fork with 120mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 95mm travel
- Chromed 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
The basic Thunderbird is 1600cc but Triumph did offer a Big Bore Kit to up it to 1700cc which many people opted for and which forms the basis for most of the later versions. The 5-spoked 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a fat 200/50.
Accessories include the big bore 1700cc kit (£730), ABS, tall screen, leather panniers (£520), touring seat (£310), heated grips (£153), rider backrest, pillion backrest (£155), rear rack (£102), fog lights (£290), headlight cowl, dresser bars and floorboards (£205).
Colours: Black, grey, blue, red, red/silver
- Storm (2011 On): 1700cc, blacked out, low bars, dual headlights and ABS.
- Nightstorm (2015 On): Special Edition Storm with blacked out exhausts, mirrors, custom paint job, Showa shocks and premium seat.
- Commander (2014 On): More touring oriented with 17" front wheel, Showa shocks, adjustable fork and floorboards.
- LT (2014 On): Fully dressed Commander with 16" spoked wheels, white walled tyres, screen, panniers, pillion backrest and 3 front lights.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (10)
- 1 of 4
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!