Triumph Thunderbird 900 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (790 mm / 31.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (231 kg / 509 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (15.0 litres / 4.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (130 miles / 209 km)
- Top Speed: High (120 mph / 193 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (885 cc)
- Power: Average (70 bhp / 52 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.303 bhp/kg / 0.226 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £8,000
For Sale (12)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Triumph Thunderbird is a popular cruiser style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 885 cc triple engine, producing 70 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,800 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- 320 mm disc at the front with two piston caliper
- 285 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- 43 mm Kayaba fork
- Rear shock with adjustable pre-load
- Three 36 mm Mikuni carbs
- 3->2 exhaust system
- Peashooter silencers
- 5 speed gearbox
The wire-spoked 18" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 16" a 160/80.
Accessories include panniers, pillion backrest, lower bars and a screen.
Colours: Black, red/silver, red/white, gold/green
Model History & Updates
1999: 6 speed gearbox upgrade.
Up And Down The Range
The Sport model gets you dual discs at the front, better adjustable suspension, lower bars, larger 17" wheels, more aggressive riding position, blacked out engine and up swept silencers. It's also around 7 kg heavier.
Popularity & How Many Left