Honda CTX1300 For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CTX1300 is a touring bike with a few cruiser design elements thrown in and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,261 cc 90° V4 engine, producing 83.1 bhp at 6,000 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,500 rpm.
- Steel frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Nissin three piston calipers
- 316 mm disc at the rear with Nissin three piston caliper
- Combined ABS (C-ABS) system
- 43 mm upside down fork
- Dual rear shocks with pre-load adjustment
- 4->2->2 exhaust system
- 5-level heated grips, full LED lighting
- Speed sensitive volume
- Self-cancelling indicators
- 5 speed gearbox
Like the ST1300 Pan-European, on which the bike is based, power reaches the rear wheel via a low maintenance shaft drive but the engine is tuned for improved low end grunt at the expense of top end power.
Equipment levels are high with switchable traction control, removable (with some effort) 35 litre colour coded panniers, two small glove boxes, stereo speakers (music via Bluetooth or USB MP3s) and heated grips. The 10-spoke 18" front wheel takes a 130/70 tyre and the rear 17" a 200/50.
Accessories include a tall screen, centre stand, 12V socket, fog lights, 45 litre colour coded top box and a plethora of shiny Chrome bits.
- Colours: Black, white, red
Did You Know?
CTX stands for Comfort, Technology and eXperience.
Review In A Few
- Smooth engine higher up the range
- Great sound system
- Tricky low speed handling
- Front suspension
- Not the prettiest
- Very heavy
Launch RRP: £15,000
Capacity: 1,261 cc (very high)
Power: 83 bhp / 62 kW (average)
Red Line: 7,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.5 litres / 4.3 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 735 mm / 28.9 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 338 kg / 745 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.246 bhp/kg / 0.183 kW/kg
Check out this three part video review from Steven Upton.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left