Kawasaki Vulcan VN1700 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (720 mm / 28.3 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (345 kg / 761 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (200 miles / 322 km)
- Top Speed: High (115 mph / 185 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,700 cc)
- Power: Average (74 bhp / 55 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.214 bhp/kg / 0.160 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (5,600 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £9,900
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Kawasaki VN1700 Classic is a cruiser style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,700 cc (103 cubic inches) V-Twin engine which puts out 73.8 bhp at 5,000 rpm and maximum torque at just 2,750 rpm.
- Belt final drive
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with Tokico two piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with Tokico two piston caliper
- Combined braking system
- 43 mm fork with 140 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 80 mm travel
- Cruise control
- Analogue / LCD dash
- 2->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It builds on the VN1600 with a 148 cc larger engine, 8 bhp more power, a new gearbox with 6th gear, new dash with a gear position indicator and cruise control.
The £10,800 Nomad / Tourer version includes the adjustable screen, panniers, engine bars, fork deflectors, an exhaust either side, pillion floorboards, pillion comfort seat and pillion backrest but weighs in at 382 kg wet.
The 9-spoke 16" wheels take a 130/90 at the front and a 170/70 at the rear.
Colours: Black, grey, white, red
Model History & Updates
2014: Voyager and Voyager Custom launched and ABS is now standard.
The fully dressed Voyager version includes the panniers, top box / pillion backrest, 12V socket, full batwing fairing with full dash / audio system and screen but weighs in at 406 kg wet. The 382 kg Voyager Custom is blacked out, has a mini screen and no top box.
Popularity & How Many Left