Moto Guzzi Califonia 1400 For Sale
What Is It?
The Moto Guzzi California 1400 is a dedicated cruiser / tourer bike with a shaft drive and is powered by an air / oil cooled 1,380 cc 90° V-Twin engine, producing 95.2 bhp at 6,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 3,000 rpm. It's basically the same engine as the MGX-21 Bagger with rubber mounts to reduce vibrations.
- Steel tubular frame
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 282 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- ABS system
- 45 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Dual adjustable rear shocks with 120 mm travel
- Traction control, cruise control
- Ride modes: Turismo (Touring), Veloce (Sport), Pioggia (Rain, 70 bhp)
- LED tail light
- 2->2 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's available in three versions starting with the base Custom, weighing in at 318 kg wet. Above that the 28 kg heavier £15,800 Touring gets the 35 litre side panniers, screen, pillion grab rail, engine bars and fog lights while the top of the range Touring SE gets a pillion backrest. The 18" front wheel takes a 130/70 tyre and the rear 16" a huge 200/60.
Accessories include a 50 or 60 litre topbox with backrest, mini smoked screen, footboards, performance slip on mufflers, comfort seat, premium leather saddle, heated grips, black handlebar, multimedia system and all manner of shiny / billet bits.
Colours: Black, brown, white, red/cream, black/cream
Review In A Few
- Loads of low down power
- Super heavy
- A bit vibey
Capacity: 1,380 cc (very high)
Power: 95 bhp / 71 kW (average)
Red Line: 7,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 120 mph / 193 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.5 litres / 4.5 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 740 mm / 29.1 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 346 kg / 763 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.275 bhp/kg / 0.205 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £14,750
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2013||33||12||45||25 / month|
|2015||13||6||19||30 / month|
|2018||5||-||5||19 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||30 / month|