Triumph Thunderbird Nightstorm For Sale
What Is It?
The Triumph Thunderbird Nightstorm is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,699 cc 270º parallel twin engine, producing 96.6 bhp at a 5,200 rpm and maximum torque at just 2,950 rpm.
- Belt final drive
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs with Nissin four piston calipers
- 310 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- ABS system
- 47 mm Showa fork with 120 mm travel
- Dual Showa rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 95 mm travel
- Blacked out 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the Storm the special edition Nightstorm gets you blacked out exhausts, mirrors, a hand sprayed tank logo, custom flame paint job and a special premium seat.
The 10-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a fat 200/50.
Accessories include tall screen, leather panniers (£520), touring seat (£310), heated grips (£153), rider backrest, pillion backrest (£155), rear rack (£102), headlight cowl, dresser bars and floorboards (£205).
Up And Down The Range
Base model 1600/1700 (2009 On): 1,600 cc, single headlight and lots of Chrome.
Storm (2011 On): 1,700 cc, blacked out, low bars, dual headlights and ABS.
Commander (2014 On): More touring oriented with 17" front wheel, Showa shocks, adjustable fork and floorboards.
LT (2014 On): Fully dressed Commander with 16" spoked wheels, white walled tyres, screen, panniers, pillion backrest and 3 front lights.
Review In A Few
- Loads of low down power
- No gear position indicator
- Really heavy
Launch RRP: £13,400
Capacity: 1,699 cc (very high)
Power: 97 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 6,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 120 mph / 193 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 220 miles / 354 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 22.0 litres / 4.8 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 700 mm / 27.6 inches (low)
Dry Weight: 308 kg / 679 pounds
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today. Set up an alert and we will let you know when we see one.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left