Triumph Thunderbird Storm For Sale
The 2011 Triumph Thunderbird Storm is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a 1,699cc parallel twin engine which puts out 97bhp. It was joined by the blacked out Nightstorm in 2015.
Pros / Cons
- Handling, loads of low down power
- No gear position indicator, really heavy
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,699cc 270º parallel twin engine, producing 96.6bhp at 5,200rpm and maximum torque at just 2,950rpm. Like a number of other cruisers final drive is via belt.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 310mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system
- 47mm Showa fork with 120mm travel
- Dual Showa rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 95mm travel
- Chromed 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the standard Thunderbird you get ABS, the engine is the 1,700cc Big Bore version, the shocks / fork / wheels are blacked out, there are Rocket III style dual headlights and the handlebars are lower. The 5-spoked 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a fat 200/50.
Accessories include tall screen, leather panniers (£520), touring seat (£310), heated grips (£153), rider backrest, pillion backrest (£155), rear rack (£102), headlight cowl, dresser bars and floorboards (£205).
Colours: Black, grey, red
- Base model 1600/1700 (2009 On): 1,600cc, single headlight and lots of Chrome.
- Nightstorm (2015 On): Special Edition Storm with blacked out exhausts, mirrors, custom paint job, Showa shocks and premium seat.
- Commander (2014 On): More touring oriented with 17" front wheel, Showa shocks, adjustable fork and floorboards.
- LT (2014 On): Fully dressed Commander with 16" spoked wheels, white walled tyres, screen, panniers, pillion backrest and 3 front lights.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (4)
- 1 of 2
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|
Check out this video review from Captain Rambunctious.