Triumph Thunderbird Storm Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (700 mm / 27.6 inches)
- Dry Weight: Very Heavy (308 kg / 679 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (22.0 litres / 5.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (220 miles / 354 km)
- Top Speed: High (120 mph / 193 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,699 cc)
- Power: Average (97 bhp / 72 kW)
- Redline: Average (6,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £11,600
For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from Captain Rambunctious.
What Is It?
The Triumph Thunderbird Storm is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,699 cc 270º parallel twin engine, producing 96.6 bhp at 5,200 rpm and maximum torque at just 2,950 rpm. Like a number of other cruisers final drive is via belt.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs with Nissin four piston calipers
- 310 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- ABS system
- 47 mm Showa fork with 120 mm travel
- Dual Showa rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and 95 mm travel
- Chromed 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the standard Thunderbird you get ABS, the engine is the 1,700 cc Big Bore version, the shocks / fork / wheels are blacked out, there are Rocket III style dual headlights and the handlebars are lower.
The 5-spoked 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 17" a fat 200/50.
Accessories include tall screen, leather panniers (£520), touring seat (£310), heated grips (£153), rider backrest, pillion backrest (£155), rear rack (£102), headlight cowl, dresser bars and floorboards (£205).
Colours: Black, grey, red
Up And Down The Range
Base model 1600/1700 (2009 On): 1,600 cc, single headlight and lots of Chrome.
Nightstorm (2015 On): Special Edition Storm with blacked out exhausts, mirrors, custom paint job, Showa shocks and premium seat.
Commander (2014 On): More touring oriented with 17" front wheel, Showa shocks, adjustable fork and floorboards.
LT (2014 On): Fully dressed Commander with 16" spoked wheels, white walled tyres, screen, panniers, pillion backrest and 3 front lights.
Popularity & How Many Left