Yamaha XT660X For Sale
The 2004 Yamaha XT660X is an A2 licence friendly supermoto style bike and is powered by a 660cc single cylinder engine which puts out 47bhp. It's closely related to the off-road XT660R and the later 2008 XT660Z adventure bikes.
- Low down power, off road ability, reliable
- Budget for a belly pan to protect the pipes, not ideal for motorways
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 2 compliant liquid cooled 660cc single cylinder four valve four stroke engine, producing 46.9bhp at 6,000rpm and maximum torque at 5,250rpm. The engine is from the XT660Z Super Ténéré and is a stressed member of the frame.
- Tubular Steel frame
- 320mm disc up front with Brembo 2 piston caliper
- 245mm disc at the rear with single piston Brembo caliper
- Fork with 200mm travel
- Rear shock with 5-level adjustable pre-load and 200mm travel
- 1->2 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Fuel injection and LCD dash
- 5 speed gearbox
Closely related is the XT660R variant with thinner tyres, larger front wheel, smaller 298mm front disc, less stiff suspension and it's also 5kg lighter. The wire spoked 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a smoked sport or tall screen, Akrapovic Titanium slip on mufflers, Aluminum belly pan and 30/39/50 litre top boxes.
- 2004: Grey, blue
- 2005: Grey, blue, red
- 2006: Black, grey, orange, blue
- 2007: Black, orange, blue
- 2008: Black, white/red, blue
- 2009: White/black, blue, black/red
- 2010: Red, white
- 2011-2015: Black, white, blue
2007: Re-design of the headlight, bodywork, pillion grab rails and rear fender. New Aluminium swingarm and pillion pegs.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Check out this very quick review from David Evans:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around|
RM/2006/038, issued 18/10/2006, affected 14,384 bikes
The idle speed of the engine may become intermittently unstable. In rare cases this may result in the engine stalling when the machine is stationery or at low speed
Build Dates: 01/01/2005 to 31/12/2005