Suzuki DR-Z400 For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki DR-Z400 is a supermoto style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 398 cc single cylinder four stroke engine, producing 39 bhp around 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium sub-frame
- 250 mm disc up front with two piston caliper
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 49 mm fork
- Rear shock with 26-level damping adjustment
- Easy to access air filter
- Aluminium bash plate
- Mikuni BSR36SS carb
- Fork gaiters, pillion pegs
- 5 speed gearbox
For purely off-road work there is also the DR-Z400E with knobbly tyres and no indicators, mirrors, tail light or dash. It features a Keihin FCR39 flat-side carb and is available in yellow/black. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes an 80/100 tyre and the rear 18" a 120/90.
- Colours: Black, yellow, white, blue/white, black/blue
2003: Catalyser added to meet Euro 2 regulations.
2005: Power boosted to roughly 47 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 7,500 rpm.
£300 more DR-Z400SM launched with a Motocross style frame, 45 mm lower seat, smaller 17" wheels with a 120/70 Dunlop Sportmax tyre at the front and 140/70 at the rear, an upside down Showa fork with protectors, larger 300 mm front disc with single piston caliper, different swingarm, axle sliders and a more pointy beak. It weighs 2 kg more and is available in white/black/orange colours.
Review In A Few
- Light, low down power, tough, reliable, great for green laning
- Seat comfort, range, top end power, no fuel warning light
Capacity: 398 cc (low)
Power: 39 bhp / 29 kW (average)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 95 mph / 153 km/h (average)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 110 miles / 177 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 10.0 litres / 2.2 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 935 mm / 36.8 inches (very high)
Wet Weight: 144 kg / 318 pounds (light)
Dry Weight: 132 kg / 291 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.271 bhp/kg / 0.202 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £4,000
Check out this video review from spicy110.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2000||127||141||268||7 / month|
|2001||133||157||290||20 / month|
|2002||221||208||429||30 / month|
|2005||195||148||343||17 / month|
|2006||251||180||431||15 / month|
|2007||367||211||578||40 / month|
|2008||389||211||600||19 / month|