Honda CBF1000 For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda CBF1000 is a standard naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc inline four engine, producing 96.6 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
It's a de-tuned version of the 2006 CBR1000RR engine, tweaked for improved low down torque at the expense of high end power and is a stressed member of the frame.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- Dual 296 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with adjustable pre-load and 120 mm travel
- 4->2 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Cast Aluminium pillion grab rails
- 6 speed gearbox and fuel injection
- Adjustable levers
The frame is basically the same as the CBF600 but strengthened to cope with increased power. Honda focused on comfort for everyone with this bike so the seat is adjustable 15 mm up / down / backwards / forwards, the screen adjusts 40 mm over two positions and the handlebars can be rotated 180° to shift the riding position forward by 10 mm.
Combined ABS (C-ABS) is a £300 option and upgrades to Nissin three piston calipers front / back, while adding 8 kg to the weight. The 12-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 160/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a 35 litre top box, 45 litre top box (two full face helmets), 29 litre panniers, 33 litre panniers (full face helmet in each), 13 litre magnetic tank bag, hand guards, heated grips and pillion seat cowl.
- 2006: Silver, black, blue, green, orange
- 2007: Silver, black, red, blue
- 2008: Silver, black, red, yellow
- 2009: Silver, black, red, white
2008: CBF1000ST touring version with C-ABS and panniers.
Did You Know?
It's often called the Biffer.
Review In A Few
- Flexible engine
- Limited weather protection for your feet
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 97 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 150 mph / 241 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 795 mm / 31.3 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 242 kg / 534 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 220 kg / 485 pounds
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.401 bhp/kg / 0.299 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £6,000
Check out this 6,000 mile video review from rimskylee1.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2006||632||215||847||140 / month|
|2007||603||219||822||160 / month|
|2008||580||177||757||150 / month|
|2009||569||157||726||120 / month|