Suzuki Bandit 1200 For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki Bandit 1200 is a naked or semi-faired bike and is powered by a Euro 2 compliant air / oil cooled 1,157 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 96.6 bhp at 8,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,000 rpm. It's the engine from the GSX-R1100 but bored out and tuned for low down torque.
- Steel tubular frame
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico two piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm fork
- Rear shock with adjustable pre-load
- Mikuni BSR36 carbs
- 4->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Centre stand
- 5 speed gearbox
The 1200 Bandit and semi-faired 1200 S Bandit are essentially the same but the S is 6kg heavier and was also available with ABS which added a further 7 kg.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include panniers, top box and belly pan which were all available as a GT model.
- 1996-2000: Black, silver, blue
- 2001-2003: White, red, blue, green
- 2004-2007: Black, silver, blue, red, white/blue special
It's also known as the GSF1200.
2001: Updated frame, more torque at 6,500 rpm from the engine, improved cooling, lower 790 mm seat, new fork and three piston front brakes. The S got a new fairing / headlight design as well. Weight was up to 214 kg dry and 220 kg dry for the S.
2006: New fuel tank, adjustable shock, adjustable seat (785 mm / 805 mm), headlight, mirrors and ABS is now optional on both. Naked is now 212 kg dry and the S 215 kg dry, while ABS adds 4 kg.
Review In A Few
- Loads of torque
- It isn't the best looking bike out there
Launch RRP: £5,500
Capacity: 1,157 cc (very high)
Power: 97 bhp / 72 kW (average)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 155 mph / 249 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 208 kg / 459 pounds
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Popularity & How Many Left