Yamaha X-MAX 125 Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (795 mm / 31.3 inches)
- Weight: Average (175 kg / 386 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (13.0 litres / 3.4 US gallons)
- Economy: Very Good (80 mpg / 3.5 l/100km / 28.3 km/l)
- Range: High (230 miles / 370 km)
- Top Speed: Average (65 mph / 105 km/h)
- Capacity: Low (124 cc)
- Power: Low (14 bhp / 10 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.080 bhp/kg / 0.060 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (10,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Low (£22 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £4,550
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Yamaha X-MAX 125 is a premium learner friendly maxi scooter and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 124 cc single cylinder engine with VVT, producing 14.1 bhp at 8,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- 267 mm disc up front with two piston caliper
- 245 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS and traction control
- Fork with 110 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with 75 mm travel
- Tool adjustable handlebars / screen
- LED lighting all round
- Parking brake
- Start / stop system with off mode
- Keyless ignition with remote lock and locate
Compared to the 2006-2017 model the styling now closely resembles the X-MAX 300 and latest X-MAX 400 with dual LED headlights, central high beam, new seat design, more prominent pillion grab rails, keyless ignition and traction control.
Peak power and torque are now found slightly down the rev range, fuel capacity is a tad smaller, the rear wheel is now 14", seat height 10 mm higher and the weight is up 2 kg.
Storage is good with the larger underseat area sporting space for two full face helmets and a handy light. There are two cubbyholes in the steering column, the left of which has a 12V socket for charging phones etc.
The 15" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear 14" a 140/70.
Accessories include a 39 litre top box (£134), small sports screen (£76), tall screen (£140), heated grips, Akrapovic performance exhaust (£556), pillion backrest (£120) and comfort seat (£244).
- 2018-2019: Grey, blue, red, black (Iron Max)
- 2020: Black, grey, blue, green (Tech MAX), black (Tech MAX)
- 2021: Black, silver (blue wheels), green (gold wheels, Tech MAX), blue (red stitching, Tech MAX)
- 2022: Grey, blue (blue wheels), dark blue (gold wheels, Tech MAX), blue (red stitching, Tech MAX)
Model History & Updates
2019: Iron Max special edition launched with a black colour scheme, fancy seat, matching leather detailing patches on the steering column, Aluminium foot plates, smoked tail light and Chrome detailing on the dash.
2020: Tech MAX edition launched with Chrome dash surround, special stitched seat, Aluminium footplates and leather glove box covers.
2021: Euro 5 compliant.
Popularity & How Many Left