Kawasaki Z400 Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Z400 is an A2 licence friendly naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 399 cc parallel twin engine, producing 44.8 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 310 mm wavy disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 220 mm wavy disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Nissin ABS system
- 41 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- KYB rear shock with adjustable pre-load and 130 mm travel
- Assist and slipper clutch
- LED headlight and taillight
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing Z300 the new larger capacity engine is 6 bhp more powerful lower down, there's 40% more torque lower down the range, a larger fork diameter and the wheels / fairings / seat are a new design however fuel capacity is down 3 litres contributing to a 3 kg overall weight saving.
The new 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 110/70 tyre at the front and 150/60 at the rear.
Accessories include a pillion seat cover, 30 mm higher seat, Titanium Akrapovic exhaust, large screen, 12V socket, radiator guard, under cowl and tank pads. Kawasaki also offer the £5,500 Performance Edition which gets you the Akrapovic exhaust, pillion seat cover and tank pad.
- 2019: Green/black, red/black
- 2020: Green/black, green/grey
Launch RRP: £5,000
Capacity: 399 cc (low)
Power: 45 bhp, 34 kW (average)
Red Line: 12,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 120 mph, 193 km/h (high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 60 mpg, 4.7 l/100km, 21.2 km/l (good)
Range: 180 miles, 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres, 3.7 US gallons (average)
Seat Height: 785 mm, 30.9 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 167 kg, 368 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.269 bhp/kg, 0.201 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £45 / Year (medium)
Review In A Few
- Low learner friendly seat
- No TFT dash or LED indicators
- Minimal storage under seat
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left