Honda Monkey For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda Monkey is a retro style bike based on the popular Honda Grom and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant air-cooled 125 cc single cylinder four stroke engine, producing 9.3 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,250 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 220 mm disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 190 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Single channel ABS with IMU (front only, anti stoppie)
- Upside down fork with 100 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with 104 mm travel
- 4 speed gearbox and fuel injection
- LED lighting all round
While the original Honda monkey bikes were 50 cc this new version is based heavily on the 125 cc Grom, with slightly chunkier tyres, a classic tear drop tank and high exhaust like the original.
There's also dual rear shocks, a Chrome fender, classic lights, quilted / piped seat and even an alarm. Power, economy and range are roughly the same but it weighs 5 kg more due to more metal bits.
The dash is a modern LCD affair with a fuel gauge, start-up monkey animation and the key can even make the bike flash remotely. The 5 Y-spoke 12" wheels take a chunky 120/80 at the front and 130/80 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red, banana yellow
Did You Know?
It re-imagines the Z50J Monkey and is also known as the Z125.
Review In A Few
- Learner friendly
- Super light
- Expensive to buy and insure
- No gear indicator
Capacity: 125 cc (low)
Power: 9 bhp / 7 kW (low)
Red Line: 8,250 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 65 mph / 105 km/h (average)
Economy: 120 mpg / 2.4 L/100km (very good)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 5.6 litres / 1.2 gallons (low)
Seat Height: 776 mm / 30.6 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 107 kg / 236 pounds (light)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.084 bhp/kg / 0.063 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £3,700
Check out this video review from The chronicles of mr fish.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||398||-||398||61 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||420 / month|