Honda Monkey For Sale
What Is It?
The Honda Monkey is a retro style bike based on the popular Honda Grom and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant air-cooled 125 cc single cylinder four stroke engine, producing 9.3 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,250 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 220 mm disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 190 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Single channel ABS with IMU (front only, anti stoppie)
- Upside down fork with 100 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with 104 mm travel
- 4 speed gearbox and fuel injection
- LED lighting all round
While the original Honda monkey bikes were 50 cc this new version is based heavily on the 125 cc Grom, with slightly chunkier tyres, a classic tear drop tank and high exhaust like the original.
There's also dual rear shocks, a Chrome fender, classic lights, quilted / piped seat and even an alarm. Power, economy and range are roughly the same but it weighs 5 kg more due to more metal bits.
The dash is a modern LCD affair with a fuel gauge, start-up monkey animation and the key can even make the bike flash remotely. The 5 Y-spoke 12" wheels take a chunky 120/80 at the front and 130/80 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red, banana yellow
Did You Know?
It re-imagines the Z50J Monkey and is also known as the Z125.
Review In A Few
- Learner friendly
- Super light
- Expensive to buy and insure
- No gear indicator
Launch RRP: £3,700
Capacity: 125 cc (low)
Power: 9 bhp / 7 kW (low)
Red Line: 8,250 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 65 mph / 105 km/h (average)
Economy: 120 mpg / 2.4 L/100km (very good)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 5.6 litres / 1.2 gallons (low)
Seat Height: 776 mm / 30.6 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 107 kg / 236 pounds (light)
Power to Weight: 0.084 bhp/kg / 0.063 kW/kg
Check out this video review from The chronicles of mr fish.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left