Honda Grom For Sale
Insurance Costs: 2 of 10
Current Prices: £2,900–£1,900
What Is It?
The Honda Grom is a mini naked bike with great potential for customisation. It's powered by an air-cooled 124.9 cc two valve single cylinder engine, producing 9.7 bhp at 7,000 rpm and maximum torque at 5,500 rpm.
- Steel frame and swingarm
- 220 mm disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 190 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 31 mm upside down fork with 100 mm travel
- Rear shock with 103 mm travel
- Single underseat exhaust
- 4 speed gearbox and fuel injection
- LED lights
Compared to the outgoing 2013-2015 model Honda have gone for the mini streetfighter look. The most obvious difference is the stacked LED headlight, under-slung exhaust and new fuel tank design. The red brake calipers add bling and we particularly like the way you can see more of the shock and less of the boxy swingarm. Last but not least the key gets a flick knife style upgrade.
Equipment is fairly minimal but you do get an LCD dash with fuel gauge and clock. The 10-spoke 12" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 130/70 at the rear.
Accessories are limited but include a 29 litre top box (£105) and rear carrier (£35). Of course that's just from Honda; the MSX has developed a cult following with a huge number of mods and upgrades available online. You'll see quite a few heavily modified bikes on the secondhand market.
Colours: Grey, white, red, yellow
2017: Euro 4 compliance and ABS.
Did You Know?
Over 300,000 Mark I models have been sold worldwide and it's often called the Grom or MSX125 (Mini Street Xtreme).
- Super compact, learner friendly, cool headlight, cheap to run, massive potential to customise
- Not pillion friendly, standard chain, not best suited to A roads, limited top speed
Capacity: 125 cc (low)
Power: 10 bhp / 7 kW (low)
Red Line: 8,250 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 65 mph / 105 km/h (average)
Economy: 110 mpg / 2.6 L/100km (very good)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 5.5 litres / 1.2 gallons (low)
Seat Height: 765 mm / 30.1 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 102 kg / 225 pounds (light)
Launch RRP: £2,900
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you daily updates when we see new adverts like this appearing:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2016||958||199||1,157||270 / month|
|2017||976||81||1,057||270 / month|
|2018||921||-||921||210 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||470 / month|