Honda MSX125 Grom Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (761 mm / 30.0 inches)
- Weight: Light (103 kg / 227 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Low (5.5 litres / 1.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Very Good (110 mpg / 2.6 l/100km / 38.9 km/l)
- Range: Average (130 miles / 209 km)
- Top Speed: Average (65 mph / 105 km/h)
- Capacity: Low (125 cc)
- Power: Low (10 bhp / 7 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.097 bhp/kg / 0.072 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,250 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Low (£22 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £3,650
For Sale (19)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from Cycle World.
What Is It?
The Honda Grom is a mini naked bike with great potential for customisation. It's powered by a Euro 5 compliant air-cooled 125 cc two valve single cylinder engine, producing 9.7 bhp at 7,250 rpm and maximum torque at 5,500 rpm.
- Steel frame and swingarm
- 220 mm disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 190 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system
- 31 mm upside down fork with 100 mm travel
- Rear shock with 103 mm travel
- LED headlight and taillight
- 5 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2016-2020 model a revised engine makes peak power 250 rpm higher up, there's 0.5 litres more fuel capacity, 5 gears instead of 4, a new flatter seat design that's 4 mm lower, a larger Euro 5 exhaust and a new dash with a gear position indicator plus rev counter but it weights 1 kg more.
Visually there's a new headlight design, 5-spoke wheels, a yellow shock finish and bodywork attached by six highlighted bolts either side in a nod to easy customisation. Honda are now referring to it as the MSX125 with "Grom" taking a back seat.
The 5-spoke 12" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 130/70 at the rear.
Accessories are limited but include a 29 litre top box and rear carrier. Of course that's just from Honda; the Grom has developed a cult following with a huge number of mods and upgrades available online. You'll see quite a few heavily modified bikes on the second hand market.
- 2021: Black, red, silver/green
- 2022: Black, red, yellow
The exhaust downpipe and silencer are now two separate pieces, making it even easier to upgrade the silencer.