Yamaha YS125 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (795 mm / 31.3 inches)
- Weight: Light (129 kg / 284 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (14.0 litres / 3.7 US gallons)
- Economy: Very Good (110 mpg / 2.6 l/100km / 38.9 km/l)
- Range: Very High (340 miles / 547 km)
- Top Speed: Average (70 mph / 113 km/h)
- Capacity: Low (125 cc)
- Power: Low (11 bhp / 8 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.085 bhp/kg / 0.064 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Low (£22 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £2,800
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The Yamaha YS125 is a budget naked bike and is powered by an air-cooled 125 cc single cylinder four stroke engine, producing 10.5 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- 245 mm disc up front with single piston caliper
- 130 mm drum brake at the rear
- Unified braking system
- Non-adjustable fork with 120 mm travel
- Dual rear shocks with 112 mm travel
- Electric and kick starter
- Eco riding indicator
- 5 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Competition in the budget 125 space has never been higher with the likes of Lexmoto's ZSX-R / ZSX-F and more recent Venom / Viper offerings providing an awful lot of bike for a similar price. Yes the Chinese bikes are a step behind in engine technology but they are catching up fast so Yamaha needed to up their game.
Luckily they did and for 2017 the YS125 replaces the best selling YBR125 with a 15 mm higher seat, 1,000 rpm lower red line, one litre larger fuel tank, new black muffler and new lights however the weight is up 4 kg. All the changes add up to Euro 4 compliance, which was the other driving force behind the YBR upgrade.
To keep in line with modern trends Yamaha have blacked out the engine which has been re-designed with a new cylinder head and a slightly longer stroke. The 5-spoke 18" wheels take a 2.75 tyre at the front and 100/80 at the rear.
Accessories include a 30 litre top box and taller smoked screen.
2017-2020: Black, white, red
Popularity & How Many Left