- Build quality and reliability
- Cheap to buy, run and fix
- Easy to maintain
- An ideal bike to learn on
- Cars will be overtaking you, not the other way round
- A bit of a handful at higher speeds and in high wind
- Budget for better tyres, susceptible to rust
- No storage under the seat
Yamaha's popular YBR125 was launched in 2005 and featured a couple of minor changes throughout its history:
- Pre 2007 models use a carburetor and post 2007 models utilise fuel injection.
- In 2008 a Custom variation was launched, featuring high bars, a lower seat and more chrome, albeit at a slightly higher price when new. There isn't much in it used and it's arguably better looking.
Features include a steel frame, air-cooled 10bhp engine and 245mm front disc, although it's only a drum brake at the rear.
Beyond that there is only really the comfortable upright seating position to mention, alongside the minimum hassle day to day running.
Available colours: white, grey, black, blue and red.
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Prices Updated: 18th February 2018
Finance your next bike with Superbike Loans, the UK's number one bike finance specialist. Get a decision within one hour.
Value Your Bike
Get a full valuation from We Want Your Motorbike today. Just pop in your reg number and a few bike details, get the valuation and they'll pay for your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Bikes for Sale (1)
Insurance groups vary widely by insurer with anywhere from 17 to 65 groups but our simple scale gives you a rough idea of how wallet busting it's likely to be. How to save on insurance.
Insurance Group: 2 of 10
We want to hear about your bike or scooter and the story behind it. Why you bought it, what's good, what's bad and what you have changed over the years: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out this 3 month in review from West Yorkshire:
How many bikes like this are around, by year of production, including those licensed for use on the road and those off the road with a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total Around||We Monitor|
|2005||409||164||573||Rarely for sale|
|2006||896||281||1,177||Rarely for sale|
|2007||1,375||362||1,737||5 per month|
|2008||1,201||306||1,507||6 per month|
|2009||1,481||301||1,782||10 per month|
|2010||1,579||238||1,817||10 per month|
|2011||1,565||148||1,713||20 per month|
|2012||1,568||77||1,645||20 per month|
|2013||1,665||10||1,675||20 per month|