Ducati Diavel Diesel
- Build quality, intricate details
- Very rare
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1198.4cc V-Twin Testastretta engine, producing 150.2bhp at 9,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,000rpm. It's the engine from the 1198 Superbike but returned for loads of low down torque rather than top end power. RRP is £20,900.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo monobloc 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with 2 piston caliper
- Bosch ABS system
- Adjustable 50mm Marzocchi upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs shock with 120mm travel
- Slipper clutch, keyless start
- 8 level traction control, 3 riding modes
- LED tail light, headlight, indicators and position lights
- 2->1->2 exhaust system with Aluminium muffler
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the standard Diavel you get lots of post-apocalyptics detailing like exposed welding, rivets, a unique brown leather seat, red Diesel inserts in the air intakes, red front caliper, 5 red links in the chain, a "never look back" number plaque and the fancy ceramic coated exhaust from the latest Carbon with billet end caps. Only 666 will be made and like the other 2017 Diavel models power is now down roughly 10bhp to help meet the Euro 4 requirements.
The Diavel features a few nifty tricks like the forged Aluminium fold out pillion pegs, slide out grab rail and dual side radiators to keep the lines tidy. The mirrors and air intakes are also forged Aluminium.
There are three ride modes to choose from. Sport gives you all the power with an aggressive throttle response and level 3 DTC, Touring tones down the throttle response and raises DTC to level 4 while Urban drops power to 100bhp with DTC level 5. The DTC level can be fine-tuned within each mode using the dash.
The 14-spoke cast alloy 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 tyre at the front and a huge 240/45 at the rear.
Let's be honest, you probably know more about this bike than we do. If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong please let us know.
Value Your Bike
Get a full valuation from We Want Your Motorbike today. Just pop in your reg number and a few bike details, get the valuation and they'll pay for your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Insurance groups vary widely by insurer with anywhere from 17 to 65 groups but our simple scale gives you a rough idea of how wallet busting it's likely to be:
Insurance Group: 10 of 10
Check out this quick walkaround from Ducati Zaltbommel:
(it's not in English but you get a decent view of the details)