Ducati Diavel 1260 S Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (780 mm / 30.7 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (244 kg / 538 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (150 mph / 241 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,262 cc)
- Power: Very High (157 bhp / 117 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.643 bhp/kg / 0.480 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (10,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £19,895
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Check out this video review from Guy On a Bike.
What Is It?
The Diavel 1260 S is a powerful naked bike with a low seat and a hint of cruiser styling. It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,262 cc V-Twin engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT), producing 156.9 bhp at 9,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 48 mm Ohlins upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Ride modes: Urban, Touring, Sport
- 8-level traction control and wheelie control
- Cruise control
- Launch control
- 3.5" TFT dash
- Keyless start
- Backlit switches
- LED lighting all round with DRL
- Pop out pillion grab rail
- Slip and assist clutch
- Self cancelling indicators
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the original Diavel you get the new larger engine with VVT from the XDiavel, a colour TFT dash, cornering ABS, a cooler and smaller exhaust to show off the rear wheel, XDiavel derived frame with the shock above the swingarm and backlit switches.
The new S version adds Ohlins suspension, Brembo M50 brakes, nicer wheels, the quickshifter, a fancy seat, the multimedia system and the cool LED running light but it costs over £3,000 more.
So what separates the Diavel 1260 S from the XDiavel S? Well the X has a traditional cruiser feet forward riding position, standard sticky-out indicators and belt final drive while the Diavel is more like a traditional naked bike riding position with a chain and modern inline indicators.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 120/70 tyre at the front and huge 240/45 at the rear.
Accessories include the semi-rigid panniers with pillion backrest and screen.
- 2019: Grey, black
- 2020: Black, red/black
- 2021: Black, red/silver, black/yellow
Model History & Updates
2021: £21,295 Black and Steel special edition with special graphics and bright yellow detailing. Check out this promo video from Ducati.
Popularity & How Many Left