Triumph Rocket 3 R For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Launch RRP: £19,500
What Is It?
The Triumph Rocket 3 R is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a huge Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 2,458 cc triple engine, producing 164.9 bhp at 6,000 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and single sided swingarm with shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.30 Stylema four piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with Brembo M4.32 four piston caliper
- Cornering ABS and traction control
- Adjustable 47 mm Showa fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 107 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Custom
- Slip and assist clutch
- Dash 12V socket, under seat USB port
- 3->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the original 2004-2018 Rocket III the Rocket 3 R is an all new design with a 164 cc larger and higher revving engine putting out 19 bhp more, 11% more torque and it's a remarkable 43 kg lighter with much of the weight saving from the new frame plus 18 kg shaved off the engine.
All the lighting is now LED based, the seat can be setup for two up or solo riding, there's a fancy TFT dash, ride modes, hill hold control, cruise control, keyless ignition, backlit switch gear, adjustable foot pegs, cool flip out pillion pegs and cornering ABS.
The 20-spoke 17" front wheel takes an Avon Cobra Chrome 150/80 tyre and the rear 16" a massive 240/50.
Accessories include the quickshifter, tall screen, pannier mounting system, 20 litre panniers, pillion backrest, luggage rack, heated grips, touring seat, TPMS and Bluetooth multimedia module providing phone, Google maps and GoPro control. The Highway Pack includes the rack, panniers, quickshifter and connectivity.
Colours: Black, red
The £20,200 Rocket 3 GT is essentially the same bike but with feet forward pegs, the pillion backrest, 23 mm lower touring seat, heated grips, machined wheels and a taller screen but it's 3 kg heavier.
It's closely related to the exclusive 2019 Rocket TFC, of which only 750 were produced. It's has a numbered plaque, the quickshifter, Arrow exhaust, Brembo MCS levers, plenty of Carbon bits and makes more power higher up.
Did You Know?
It holds the world record for largest production bike engine.
Capacity: 2,458 cc (very high)
Power: 165 bhp / 123 kW (very high)
Red Line: 7,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 773 mm / 30.4 inches (low)
Dry Weight: 291 kg / 642 pounds
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: