Triumph Rocket 3 R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (773 mm / 30.4 inches)
- Dry Weight: Very Heavy (291 kg / 642 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Poor (35 mpg / 8.1 l/100km / 12.4 km/l)
- Range: Average (140 miles / 225 km)
- Top Speed: High (145 mph / 233 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (2,458 cc)
- Power: Very High (165 bhp / 123 kW)
- Redline: Average (7,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £19,500
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
What Is It?
The Triumph Rocket 3 R is a premium cruiser style bike and is powered by a huge Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 2,458 cc triple engine, producing 164.9 bhp at 6,000 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and single sided swingarm with shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.30 Stylema four piston calipers
- 300 mm disc at the rear with Brembo M4.32 four piston caliper
- Cornering ABS and traction control
- Adjustable 47 mm Showa fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 107 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Custom
- Slip and assist clutch
- Dash 12V socket
- Under seat USB port
- 3->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the original 2004-2018 Rocket III the Rocket 3 R is an all new design with a 164 cc larger and higher revving engine putting out 19 bhp more, 11% more torque and it's a remarkable 43 kg lighter with much of the weight saving from the new frame plus 18 kg shaved off the engine.
All the lighting is now LED based, the seat can be setup for two up or solo riding, there's a fancy TFT dash, ride modes, hill hold control, cruise control, keyless ignition, backlit switch gear, adjustable foot pegs, cool flip out pillion pegs and cornering ABS.
The 20-spoke 17" front wheel takes an Avon Cobra Chrome 150/80 tyre and the rear 16" a massive 240/50.
Accessories include the quickshifter, tall screen, pannier mounting system, 20 litre panniers, pillion backrest, luggage rack, heated grips, touring seat, TPMS and Bluetooth multimedia module providing phone, Google maps and GoPro control. The Highway Pack includes the rack, panniers, quickshifter and connectivity.
- 2021-2021: Black, red
- 2022: Black, red, grey/red, red/black (221)
It holds the world record for largest production bike engine.
Model History & Updates
2021: £21,000 Black 1,000 unit limited edition launched with a Carbon front mudguard, premium round bar end mirrors and a blacked out colour scheme. Check out this features video from Triumph.
2022: £21,100 221 Special edition with a red paintjob and custom graphics. It celebrates the 221 Nm torque figure and there is a video intro from Triumph to check out.
Up And Down The Range
The £20,200 Rocket 3 GT is essentially the same bike but with feet forward pegs, the pillion backrest, 23 mm lower touring seat, heated grips, machined wheels and a taller screen but it's 3 kg heavier.
It's closely related to the exclusive 2019 Rocket TFC, of which only 750 were produced. It's has a numbered plaque, the quickshifter, Arrow exhaust, Brembo MCS levers, plenty of Carbon bits and makes more power higher up.