Yamaha XV950 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (690 mm / 27.2 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (247 kg / 545 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (12.2 litres / 3.2 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: Average (130 miles / 209 km)
- Top Speed: Average (100 mph / 161 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (942 cc)
- Power: Average (51 bhp / 38 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.206 bhp/kg / 0.154 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (6,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £7,200
For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TwoWheelObsession.
What Is It?
The Yamaha XV950 is an A2 licence friendly cruiser style bike and is powered by an air-cooled 942 cc 60° V-Twin engine, producing 51 bhp at 5,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 3,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with belt final drive
- 298 mm wavy disc up front with two piston caliper
- 298 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- 41 mm KYB fork
- Dual rear KYB shocks with 110 mm travel
- 2->1 exhaust system
- LED tail light, self cancelling indicators
- 5 speed gearbox
The engine, from the XVS950 Midnight Star, is a stressed member of the frame and the air intake is on the right side of the engine adding to the retro looks. The 12-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 100/90 tyre and the rear 16" a 150/80.
Accessories include ABS, Akrapovic slip-on mufflers (£580), mini fairing (£289), stiletto seat (£253), reduced reach seat (£162), springer bobber seat (£451), steel braided brake lines (£63), vintage style performance air cleaner, spoked wheels, leather panniers (£388), LED indicators (£52) and fork covers (£36).
Colours: Black, whiteDid You Know?
It's called the Star Bolt in the US.
Model History & Updates
2015: XV950 Racer is the same bike but gets you the flyscreen, fork covers, lower front indicators, lower clip-on bars, Aluminium side panels, a 75 mm higher seat and pillion seat hump / cover.
2017: SCR950 is a scrambler style XV950R with a flat seat, wire spoked wheels (17" at the back), fork covers, taller braced handlebars and higher rear mudguard.
Up And Down The Range
The £300 more and 4 kg heavier XV950R is the same bike but features improved piggyback shocks, ABS as standard, buckskin seat and tank graphics.
Popularity & How Many Left