Kawasaki Vulcan S Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (705 mm / 27.8 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (229 kg / 505 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (14.0 litres / 3.7 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: High (120 mph / 193 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (649 cc)
- Power: Average (60 bhp / 45 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.262 bhp/kg / 0.195 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £6,300
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Vulcan S is an A2 friendly cruiser style bike which has a great following and is easy to customise. It's powered by a liquid cooled 649 cc parallel twin engine, producing 60.3 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,600 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and swingarm
- 300 mm disc up front with Nissin two piston caliper
- 250 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP ABS
- 41 mm fork with 130 mm travel
- Rear shock with 7-level adjustable pre-load and 80 mm travel
- Adjustable levers and pegs
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Kawasaki have included a few neat touches with the design of the Vulcan S, such as the low slung exhaust under the engine to improve the centre of gravity, a really plush seat and +/- 25 mm adjustable footpegs.
The 5-spoke 18" front wheel takes a Dunlop Sportmax 120/70 tyre and the 17" rear a 160/60.
- Cafe: Cafe screen, white/green colour scheme, a rather tasty green shock and green wheel tape but it's 2 kg heavier.
- Sport: Cafe screen and Arrow performance exhaust.
- Light Tourer: Tall screen, pillion backrest and panniers.
Accessories include panniers, clutch cover plate, tall screen, cafe racer style screen, pillion backrest and high / low seats.
- 2015: Black, white, purple
- 2016: Black, white
- 2017: Grey
- 2018: Black, red
- 2019: Black, green, orange
- 2020: Black, black/gold, black/green
- 2021: Black, blue, grey/red/black
- 2022: Black, red, grey/green
It's also known as the EN650.
Model History & Updates
2016: £6,500 Special Edition gets you a black/white/orange colour scheme and orange wheel tape.
Popularity & How Many Left