Yamaha VMAX For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha VMAX is a cruiser style bike but features the straight line performance of the fastest litre sport bikes. It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,679 cc V4 engine, producing 197.4 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Shaft final drive
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm wavy discs at the front with Brembo six piston calipers
- 298 mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- 52 mm upside down front fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 110 mm travel
- Electronic throttle (YCC-T) and intake control (YCC-I)
- Adjustable levers, slipper clutch
- 5 speed gearbox
This generation is a complete technical re-design with a new larger engine which is now a stressed member, new brakes, new brighter OLED dash and the fuel tank is now also under the seat for a more focused centre of gravity.
The old V-Boost feature has been replaced by YCC-I; the intakes open up at 6,650 rpm, much like the YZF-R1 system. Top speed is limited to 137 mph but that's enough to complete a 1/4 mile run with full acceleration. The 5-spoke 18" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 200/50 at the rear.
For £3,000 more the special edition VMAX Carbon (2015-2016) has lashings of Carbon and the Akrapovic Titanium mufflers. It celebrates the 30th anniversary of the original V-Max launch in the USA in 1985. Officially it didn't hit the UK until the early 90s though, with earlier bikes being imports.
2016: Special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate Yamaha's 60th Anniversary.
Review In A Few
- Massive acceleration from low revs
- Epic presence
- Build quality
- Big and heavy
Launch RRP: £15,750
Capacity: 1,679 cc (very high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 9,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 137 mph / 220 km/h (high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 120 miles / 193 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 775 mm / 30.5 inches (low)
Wet Weight: 310 kg / 684 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.635 bhp/kg / 0.474 kW/kg
Check out this 2014 video review from MacGuyReport.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left