Yamaha VMAX Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (775 mm / 30.5 inches)
- Weight: Very Heavy (310 kg / 684 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (15.0 litres / 4.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Poor (35 mpg / 8.1 l/100km / 12.4 km/l)
- Range: Average (120 miles / 193 km)
- Top Speed: High (137 mph / 220 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,679 cc)
- Power: Very High (197 bhp / 147 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.635 bhp/kg / 0.474 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £15,750
For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this 2014 video review from MacGuyReport.
What Is It?
The Yamaha VMAX is a cruiser style bike but features the straight line performance of the fastest litre sport bikes. It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,679 cc V4 engine, producing 197.4 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Shaft final drive
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm wavy discs at the front with Brembo six piston calipers
- 298 mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- 52 mm upside down front fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 110 mm travel
- Electronic throttle (YCC-T) and intake control (YCC-I)
- Adjustable levers, slipper clutch
- 5 speed gearbox
This generation is a complete technical re-design with a new larger engine which is now a stressed member, new brakes, new brighter OLED dash and the fuel tank is now also under the seat for a more focused centre of gravity.
The old V-Boost feature has been replaced by YCC-I; the intakes open up at 6,650 rpm, much like the YZF-R1 system. Top speed is limited to 137 mph but that's enough to complete a 1/4 mile run with full acceleration. The 5-spoke 18" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 200/50 at the rear.
For £3,000 more the special edition VMAX Carbon (2015-2016) has lashings of Carbon and the Akrapovic Titanium mufflers. It celebrates the 30th anniversary of the original V-Max launch in the USA in 1985. Officially it didn't hit the UK until the early 90s though, with earlier bikes being imports.
Model History & Updates
2016: Special yellow/black Speed Block edition to celebrate Yamaha's 60th Anniversary.
Popularity & How Many Left