Piaggio Typhoon 50 Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (775 mm / 30.5 inches)
- Weight: Light (88 kg / 194 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Low (5.5 litres / 1.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Good (75 mpg / 3.8 l/100km / 26.5 km/l)
- Range: Low (90 miles / 145 km)
- Top Speed: Low (40 mph / 64 km/h)
- Capacity: Low (49 cc)
- Power: Low (5 bhp / 4 kW)
- Power to Weight: Low (0.057 bhp/kg / 0.042 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Low (£22 Per Year)
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today - please try again later.
Sell Your Bike
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
What Is It?
The Piaggio Typhoon 50 is a budget scooter which can be ridden on the AM licence and is powered by an air-cooled 49 cc single cylinder Hi-PER2 two stroke engine, producing 5 bhp, which can also be found in the Vespa ET2 and Piaggio Fly 50 scooters.
- Steel frame
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- 190 mm disc up front with Brembo two piston caliper
- 100 mm rear drum brake
- Standard fork
- Single rear shock
- Under seat storage
- Electric and kick starters
- Bag hook
In terms of practicality it's worth noting the lack of glove box and headlight performance at night. The 40 mph top speed can be de-restricted to roughly 45 mph.
The 5-spoke 10" wheels take a 120/90 tyre at the front and back.
Colours: Black, blue, red, greyDid You Know?
Originally released in 1993 the Typhoon 50 sold over 500,000 worldwide in a production run lasting over 17 years.
Popularity & How Many Left