Piaggio Zip 50 Scooters For Sale
- Seat Height: Low (736 mm / 29.0 inches)
- Dry Weight: Light (95 kg / 209 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Low (7.3 litres / 1.9 US gallons)
- Economy: Very Good (85 mpg / 3.3 l/100km / 30.1 km/l)
- Range: Average (140 miles / 225 km)
- Top Speed: Low (30 mph / 48 km/h)
- Capacity: Low (49 cc)
- Power: Low (4 bhp / 3 kW)
- Redline: Average (7,250 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Low (£22 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £1,100
For Sale (5)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
What Is It?
The Piaggio Zip is a budget scooter which can be ridden on the AM licence and is powered by an air-cooled 49 cc single cylinder four stroke engine, producing 4 bhp at 7,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,750 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame
- Automatic CVT gearbox with belt final drive
- 175 mm front disc with single piston caliper
- 110 mm rear drum brake
- Standard fork
- Single rear shock
- Electric and kick starter
- Bag hook
Storage is good with the under seat area taking a full face helmet and the glovebox is lockable. Unusually for a budget scooter the seat can be adjusted to 750 mm, 765 mm or 780 mm, widening the appeal even further.
The 5-spoke 10" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 100/80 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red, blue, whiteDid You Know?
A red Zip 50 can bee seen in the movie Attack the Block, being chased by the black ape-like aliens.
Originally there was also a sportier looking Zip SP powered by a liquid cooled 50 cc two stroke Hi-PER2 engine. It had a 200 mm front disc brake and 7.6 litre fuel capacity. SP stands for Sport Production, celebrating Piaggio's scooter racing performance.
The 2T and 4T in the original model names stands for 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke as both were available.
Model History & Updates
2017: New iGet four stroke engine with 3 bhp and 6.6 litre tank capacity.
Popularity & How Many Left