Kawasaki H2 SX For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki H2 SX is a top of the line sports touring bike powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 197.3 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,500 rpm. Like the groundbreaking H2 the engine is supercharged and there's an additional 10 bhp with ram air.
- Steel tubular frame and single sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 250 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- Cornering ABS
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Remotely adjustable KYB rear shock with 139 mm travel
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 3-level traction control
- Cruise control
- 3 power modes: 100%, 75%, 50%
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Kawasaki based the H2 SX on the all out sports H2 but emphasised touring comfort with a less aggressive riding position (somewhere between the relaxed Z1000SX and sporty ZZR1400), taller screen, 2 litres more fuel capacity, increased torque lower down and much higher 195 kg maximum load from a new frame although it's 18 kg heavier.
The 17" wheels take a Bridgestone S21 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a 15 mm lower seat, comfort seat, heated grips, centre stand and GIVI 28 litre clean-mount pannier system like the Z1000SX.
- 2018-2020: Black/grey
Up And Down The Range
The higher spec £18,100 H2 SX SE is available in the usual Kawasaki green, has LED cornering lights built into the sides of the fairing (blanked off on the SX), a taller screen, the shinier machined wheels from the H2, launch control, quickshifter, colour TFT dash, heated grips, centre stand, Steel braided brake lines, 12V socket and leather / suede seat but it's 4 kg heavier.
Review In A Few
- The supercharger sounds great
- On the heavy side
Launch RRP: £15,100
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 12,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 190 miles / 306 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 256 kg / 564 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.770 bhp/kg / 0.574 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: