Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX is a popular sports touring bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,043 cc inline four engine, producing 140.1 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 250 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 41 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable horizontal Showa rear shock with 144 mm travel and remote adjuster
- Ride modes: Rain (80% power), Road, Sport
- Lean angle aware traction control with 3 modes
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Screen with 4-level manual adjustment
- Fold in mirrors
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the third generation Z1000SX there's a name change that moves it into the sporty Ninja camp, an up to date 4.3" TFT dash plus connectivity, all LED lighting, cruise control, an up / down quickshifter, new screen design, a new assisted clutch and the seat includes 20 mm more padding.
However there's also a less pretty Euro 5 single sided exhaust, maximum torque appears 700 rpm higher up the range and the discs are now non-wavy.
The 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
- Tourer Edition (£12,000): Panniers, tall screen, heated grips, satnav prep
- Performance Edition (£12,000): Akrapovic silencer, smoked screen, pillion seat cover
- Performance Tourer Edition (£13,000): Performance and Tourer packs.
Accessories include the Akrapovic silencer, 56 litre pannier system, 47 litre top case, 8 mm lower seat, pillion seat cover, 12V socket, under seat USB socket, heated grips and clear / smoked screens in small / large sizes. Note that the exhaust setup means no centre stand can be fitted and you have to choose between the top box or the panniers to avoid potential wobbles at very high speeds.
- 2020: Black/green, green, black/white (+£200)
Capacity: 1,043 cc (high)
Power: 140 bhp / 104 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 150 mph / 241 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 235 kg / 518 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.596 bhp/kg / 0.444 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: