Indian FTR 1200 First Look
The Indian FTR 1200 is a naked retro style bike and is powered by a 1,203cc V-Twin engine which puts out 120bhp.
What Is It?
It's powered by a new liquid cooled 1,203cc V-Twin engine, producing 120bhp at 8,250rpm and maximum torque at 6,000rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium sub-frame
- Dual 320mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with Brembo P34 single piston caliper
- ABS system
- 43mm upside down fork with 150mm travel
- Rear shock with 150mm travel
- Assist and slipper clutch, cruise control
- Removable pillion grab handles
- LED lighting all round
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
At the top of the range the FTR 1200 S is equipped with an IMU powered traction control / anti-wheelie system, 4.3" colour TFT touchscreen dash with various display modes, fast charge USB port, ABS off mode, fully adjustable piggyback rear shock, fully adjustable gold coloured fork and Sport / Rain ride modes.
Indian also offer a 94bhp version of the base model which can be restricted for the A2 licence. The 19" front wheel takes a Dunlop DT3-R 120/70 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/80.
Accessories include the Akrapovic high/low slip-on muffler, low seat, number boards, pillion seat cover, spoked wheels, screen, side pannier and Carbon bits. Check the pics above for the kits:
- Tracker Kit: Low seat, pillion seat cover, number boards, Akrapovic slip-on.
- Rally Kit: Spoked wheels, high mount Akrapovic, screen, tank covers, ProTaper rally handlebar, high mount plate holder.
- Sport Kit: Low mount Akrapovic, Carbon mudguard / tank cover / seat cover.
- Tour Kit: Side pannier, screen, tank bag.
Did You Know?
The fuel tank is under the seat
- Related Model
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Check out this video from Indian:
and this one about the engine: